RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

save brushes, dynamics and tool preferences as compressed brush

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

save brushes, dynamics and tool preferences as compressed brush Johann 28 Oct 13:15
  save brushes, dynamics and tool preferences as compressed brush Alexandre Prokoudine 28 Oct 13:24
Johann
2014-10-28 13:15:21 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Alex,
i understand your direct answer. I'd love to contribute to the Gimp project, but i've no idea how to code in C. :D

I dont know if Gimp should care about brushes in krita and mypaint, if the Gimp has already too few developers-i'd say this is too much effort, to harmonize Gimp with code from other apps.

Using Gimp for years now, i got everything working: from digital painting to photo retouching, to layouts, textures and what the heck else. If somebody is used to work with Krita, good, then that he uses Krita. And if somebody wants a common brush/shared brush system between different apps, then he/she should considerate to code such a bonus by himself. I need no "workflow" jumping from one app to another, if Gimp is powerful enough. :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-10-28 13:24:46 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Johann wrote:

Alex,
i understand your direct answer.

You do? :)

I'd love to contribute to the Gimp project, but i've no idea how to code in C. :D

There was another option in my answer :)

I dont know if Gimp should care about brushes in krita and mypaint

If I may be so bold as to ask, did you, in fact, read beyond the article's header? :)

TL;DR: the idea is to use the same file format to bundle and distribute brushes between _users_. Whether apps can read each other's brush file format is out of the scope of that idea.

Alex