RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

unified "artistic tools"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

unified "artistic tools" Johann 28 Oct 13:06
  unified "artistic tools" Alexandre Prokoudine 28 Oct 13:16
Johann
2014-10-28 13:06:10 UTC (over 9 years ago)

unified "artistic tools"

Alex,

In usability, the word "intuitive" is verboten :)

Skandal!

Besides, both airbrush and eraser tools also have tool-specific options. What are you going to do about it?

i know something about coding, but only in Applescript. Often, its a good practice to merge code pieces to clean, debug, consolidate the overall code piece, improve the usability and understand if and how things work or do not work together.

So, merging different artistic tools (brush, airbrush, pencil) would simplify life-we got such a great preset tool dialog And about the eraser: i dont know you, but an eraser should erase all the time and use as default only black or white, respect. un-delete or delete. What did you mean else?

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-10-28 13:16:52 UTC (over 9 years ago)

unified "artistic tools"

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Johann wrote:

Besides, both airbrush and eraser tools also have tool-specific options. What are you going to do about it?

And about the eraser: i dont know you, but an eraser should erase all the time and use as default only black or white, respect. un-delete or delete. What did you mean else?

1. Eraser should keep the quite useful tool-specific Un-erase option.

2. I have no idea what you meant with "use as default only black or white", or, rather, what defaults have to do with anything here. Do you think you could elaborate on that?

Alex