RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(no subject)

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(no subject) cazaciuc gabriel 08 Feb 21:18
(no subject) Øyvind Kolås 13 Feb 15:51
cazaciuc gabriel
2007-02-08 21:18:24 UTC (about 17 years ago)

(no subject)

Hello!
My name is Cazaciuc Gabriel and I'm a student. I've never participated on a open source project before, but i have medium knowledge of c/c++ and linux programming. However i have no ideea about image processing. I want to give a little help to the development of gegl. Which is the recommended method to get started? What are the operations that are considered usefull to be implemented? Also,does anybody know a good source of documentation on image processing and the various algorithms, available on the internet? Thank you very much.

---------------------------------
It's here! Your new message!
Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

Øyvind Kolås
2007-02-13 15:51:41 UTC (about 17 years ago)

(no subject)

On 2/8/07, cazaciuc gabriel wrote:

I want to give a little help to the development of gegl. Which is the recommended method to get started?

You've already started that by attempting to build it locally from source ;)

What are the operations that are considered usefull to be implemented?

At the moment I would not encourage people to write tons of new operations. Documenting and re factoring the internal architecture should happen before the amount of operations using internal API's explode. This is also the reason GEGL is not currently installing the headers needed for plug-in/operation development that API is not stable yet.

Another thing that would be useful is using the GEGL API from C, ruby or python (a new incarnation of the python bindings will be announced soon). To test the API and give feedback on the current shortcomings.

/Øyvind K.