RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Gui redesign

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Gui redesign Ricardo Patiño 22 Sep 22:14
  Gimp Gui redesign Joao S. O. Bueno 23 Sep 14:49
  Gimp Gui redesign Alexandre Prokoudine 23 Sep 15:11
Ricardo Patiño
2014-09-22 22:14:28 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Gimp Gui redesign

I really don't know hot to contact anyone at gimp a just need help I did something and i would like to show it to the people who are in charge or who work with the GUI. Just to see what the think about it!. Thanks!!! I will really appreciate any help wt it. This is only a preview..i have more....

ATT Ricardo

Joao S. O. Bueno
2014-09-23 14:49:22 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Gimp Gui redesign

Hi Ricardo -

This is the correct forum -- just let me give you some advice so that you can start to adjust your expectatives, and avoid frustration both to you and to developers:

GIMP is a huge project, with a history going back almost 2 decades, has millions of lines of code, and is maintained by _few_ volunteers - in their spare time.

That means any changes that are all set to go, and agreeded upon take months or years to be completed. Sometimes even featrues that appear simple to people outside the code.

That said, for _some_ of things in the UI there was a careful planing and thinking on them.
Some of them just where finished up in a way "this is what I could come up with" along the years - and still, there are some UI features reviewed and backed by UI experts in the queue to get implemented.

Moreover, any new UI feature should be tought and approved by the people thinking the UI and UX aspects of the project, regardless of what proponents and developers both think about it.

I think you can perceive that a proposal for a "complete overhaul" of the UI, - as suggested by your
"Gimp Gui redesign" e-mail title will hardly be welcome all at once - even if most of the suggestions are actually great improvements on the current program.

Therefore, please, keep in mind that in this forum there are people who put several years of their lifes in making the program be what it is today - most of times believing what we have today is the right way to do it. And sometimes it just is. :-) (mostly not, we are well aware of a lot of pitfalls in the UI). There are also people passionate about UI aspects - jsut quietly waiting for discussion to begin ...

That said, again, this is a good forum as any to present your ideas. Welcome.

js -> wrote:

I really don't know hot to contact anyone at gimp a just need help I did something and i would like to show it to the people who are in charge or who work with the GUI. Just to see what the think about it!. Thanks!!! I will really appreciate any help wt it. This is only a preview..i have more....

ATT Ricardo _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-09-23 15:11:32 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Gimp Gui redesign

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 2:14 AM, Ricardo Patiño wrote:

I would summarize Joao's reply as:

- this is the right place to share your ideas; - we are open to new ideas;
- we expect consistent approach with regards to UI; - we are volunteers, hence we can't promise immediate action.

Alex