RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

OSX

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.3.1410523202.17943.... 12 Sep 12:29
  OSX Michael Bauer 12 Sep 12:28
   OSX Partha Bagchi 12 Sep 12:33
    OSX Michael Bauer 12 Sep 12:46
     OSX Partha Bagchi 12 Sep 13:17
      OSX Michael Bauer 12 Sep 13:29
Michael Bauer
2014-09-12 12:28:59 UTC (over 9 years ago)

OSX

I have two locales under System Preferences > Language & Region: Gàidhlig (Scottish Gaelic)
English

I've tried a few other pemutations and there's some odd stuff going on. First, no matter which locale I set, it only ever shows 2 in the dropdown. I tried German, which brings up GIMP in German but still only offers
System default
English
in the GIMP settings.

Now here's where it gets weird. I decided to add Gaeilge (Irish) and put it above Gàidhlig in the OS settings: Gaeilge (ga)
Gàidhlig (gd)
English (en)

When I restart GIMP, it comes up in Gaelic (gd)! The only way I managed to get it to fire up in Irish was by removing gd from the OS locales list. Irish is not translated to a high % but still I don't see why it should bring up gd if you set ga above gd.

I'm on 10.9.4 by the way, just in case that's important.

Michael

PS: sorry for the moan, I can see now that this is fortunately not intentionally like this, I apologise for over-reacting a bit, it just happens too often that unsupported or less supported locales like ours are 'forgotten'

12/09/2014 13:00, sgrìobh gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org:

That's strange. I tested my build (= the one Michael Schumacher referred to) on Mavericks and see a long list of languages in the language selector, not only these both. With Partha's build I see indeed only two items. Also, what language is your primary language in the OS X system settings (I mean, what's it's native name so I could reproduce some issues)? Are more people experiencing this effect?

Kind regards

Sven

*Akerbeltz *
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
Facs: +44-141-945 2701

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net 
Partha Bagchi
2014-09-12 12:33:45 UTC (over 9 years ago)

OSX

I updated 2.8.14 McGimp last night to include the language codes. Could you please re-download and test that your language (in fact all languages) are visible to you?

Thanks,
Partha

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Michael Bauer wrote:

I have two locales under System Preferences > Language & Region: Gàidhlig (Scottish Gaelic)
English

I've tried a few other pemutations and there's some odd stuff going on. First, no matter which locale I set, it only ever shows 2 in the dropdown. I tried German, which brings up GIMP in German but still only offers System default
English
in the GIMP settings.

Now here's where it gets weird. I decided to add Gaeilge (Irish) and put it above Gàidhlig in the OS settings: Gaeilge (ga)
Gàidhlig (gd)
English (en)

When I restart GIMP, it comes up in Gaelic (gd)! The only way I managed to get it to fire up in Irish was by removing gd from the OS locales list. Irish is not translated to a high % but still I don't see why it should bring up gd if you set ga above gd.

I'm on 10.9.4 by the way, just in case that's important.

Michael

PS: sorry for the moan, I can see now that this is fortunately not intentionally like this, I apologise for over-reacting a bit, it just happens too often that unsupported or less supported locales like ours are 'forgotten'

12/09/2014 13:00, sgrìobh gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org:

That's strange. I tested my build (= the one Michael Schumacher referred to)
on Mavericks and see a long list of languages in the language selector, not only these both. With Partha's build I see indeed only two items. Also, what language is your primary language in the OS X system settings (I mean, what's it's native name so I could reproduce some issues)? Are more people experiencing this effect?

Kind regards

Sven

--
*Akerbeltz *

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!* Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting, geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp- developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Michael Bauer
2014-09-12 12:46:08 UTC (over 9 years ago)

OSX

The outcome is still the same, only 2 locales shown (Default and English) and it comes up in English either way :/

Michael

12/09/2014 13:33, sgrìobh Partha Bagchi:

I updated 2.8.14 McGimp last night to include the language codes. Could you please re-download and test that your language (in fact all languages) are visible to you?

Thanks, Partha

*Akerbeltz *

Partha Bagchi
2014-09-12 13:17:00 UTC (over 9 years ago)

OSX

In your tmp folder, there should be a file called rungimp-2.8-2014-series-of-numbers.log. Can you tell me if you seeing any errors in this log other than dbus?

Thanks, Partha

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Michael Bauer wrote:

The outcome is still the same, only 2 locales shown (Default and English) and it comes up in English either way :/

Michael

12/09/2014 13:33, sgrìobh Partha Bagchi:

Thanks,
Partha

--
*Akerbeltz *

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!* Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting, geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net

Michael Bauer
2014-09-12 13:29:32 UTC (over 9 years ago)

OSX

Here's all of the log:

Executing Gimp 2.8 at DATE: 2014-09-12
TIME: 13:44:40
Dir is /Applications/Gimp-2.8.app/Contents/MacOS Appdir is /Applications/Gimp-2.8.app Could not remove /tmp/pb2.8
ls: /tmp/pb2.8: No such file or directory Linking /Applications/Gimp-2.8.app to /pb2.8 ... ... Done
Could not rm /tmp/lib
ls: /tmp/lib: No such file or directory Hello - About to run Gimp - Standby
CWD is /tmp/pb2.8/Gimp-2.8.app/Contents/MacOS Strip out the argument added by the OS... Cannot spawn a message bus without a machine-id: Unable to load /var/lib/dbus/machine-id or /etc/machine-id: Failed to open file '/var/lib/dbus/machine-id': No such file or directory

(gimp-bin:288): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: object class 'GeglConfig' has no property named 'cache-size'

Michael

12/09/2014 14:17, sgrìobh Partha Bagchi:

In your tmp folder, there should be a file called rungimp-2.8-2014-series-of-numbers.log. Can you tell me if you seeing any errors in this log other than dbus?

Thanks, Partha

*Akerbeltz *