RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Current maintainers of GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Current maintainers of GIMP scl 03 Aug 18:51
  Current maintainers of GIMP Michael Schumacher 06 Aug 20:47
   Current maintainers of GIMP Nathan Summers 06 Aug 21:20
    Current maintainers of GIMP scl 07 Aug 19:41
scl
2014-08-03 18:51:35 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Hi,

due to some [Git infrastructure changes] I decided to check and update the gimp.doap, AUTHORS and MAINTAINERS files and in succession update the maintainers list on our website. I found that Sven Neumann is still referred to as current GIMP maintainer. The last signs I notice of Sven from the history are a post on this list in May 2011 and a commit on 4.12.2012.

Sven - with all my honest respect for your work - are you still active in the project and want to be referred to as a GIMP maintainer?

The DOAP file already contains Michael Schumacher as GIMP maintainer.
Schumaml, would you agree if I also took you as maintainer to AUTHORS, MAINTAINERS and the maintainers list on the website?

In our git repository the changes would affect GIMP master, not 2.8. The changes on the website would happen asap. If you have better ideas, then let me know.

Kind regards

Sven Claussner

[Git infrastructure changes]: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2014-August/msg00025.html

Michael Schumacher
2014-08-06 20:47:24 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On 03.08.2014 20:51, scl wrote:

The DOAP file already contains Michael Schumacher as GIMP maintainer.
Schumaml, would you agree if I also took you as maintainer to AUTHORS, MAINTAINERS and the maintainers list on the website?

Not sure if I should be in AUTHORS, as there are no current contributions of design or code by me in GIMP itself.

I think we even had some sort of semi-formal requirements for being listed in either of those files at some point - does anyone remember, was it contributions during the latest stable development cycle?

In our git repository the changes would affect GIMP master, not 2.8. The changes on the website would happen asap. If you have better ideas, then let me know.

Kind regards

Sven Claussner

[Git infrastructure changes]: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2014-August/msg00025.html

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
Nathan Summers
2014-08-06 21:20:44 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Not sure if I should be in AUTHORS, as there are no current contributions of design or code by me in GIMP itself.

I think we even had some sort of semi-formal requirements for being listed in either of those files at some point - does anyone remember, was it contributions during the latest stable development cycle?

Surely not contributing something during a cycle doesn't mean you are no longer the author of the code you contributed before.

Rockwalrus

scl
2014-08-07 19:41:41 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On 6.8.2014 at 11:20 PM Nathan Summers wrote:

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Surely not contributing something during a cycle doesn't mean you are no longer the author of the code you contributed before.

+1

After querying Sven Neumann I have removed him from the maintainers list in GIMP master and taken him to the authors list.

At this point: Sven Neumann, thank you for your work in the past!

Kind regards,

Sven