RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GimpSpinScale Styling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GimpSpinScale Styling Kevin Payne 31 Jul 15:15
Kevin Payne
2014-07-31 15:15:08 UTC (over 9 years ago)

GimpSpinScale Styling

Hello.

I have been experimenting with GIMP/GTK UI themes and have reached the GimpSpinScale widgets where I have found a puzzle.

On my Windows 7, GIMP 2.8.10 setup I find I can style some parts of the widgets, almost to my satisfaction, but some odd behaviour remains, which can be seen in this post:

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10531&start=30#p144285

My puzzles are: 1. The border colour the same as the text colour - I've looked at the Git commit and seen this is hard coded - Why?

2. The label and editable text change colour depending on position of the bar - fg[SELECTED] when on top of the bar and text[NORMAL] when not on top of the bar - is this intended?

3. The big puzzle is why the bar is drawn using the image file only when the value is above a certain level/pixel width and below that threshold is being drawn using a solid bg[SELECTED] colour rectangle.

I would appreciate any insights.

Regards

Kevin