RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Quick pick list and favorites hierarchy

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Quick pick list and favorites hierarchy Johann 12 Jul 20:04
Johann
2014-07-12 20:04:54 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Quick pick list and favorites hierarchy

Hi,

Presets and Lists are a vital feature for the Gimp, to work quickly and efficiently. Working all the time with Presets and Lists i saw they have some limitations. Please add some useful features:
A)
Applies to: Tool presets, Dynamics presets, Brushes list, Pattern list, Palettes list, Gradients list -quick pick- feature : most used presets on top followed by a delimiter and then, the normal list order (suggesting 5 favorite presets to choose from - last used items) 5 = compromise between a selection of 3 − 9 items on the numerical keys

B) Applies to: Tool presets only
presets sorted by importance: (sort order applies also to the quick pick list) 1) Brush
2) Airbrush
3) ink
4) Smudge
5) Eraser
6) Bucket
7) Gradient

an easy way to build this hierarchy could be catch the tool sort order in Gimp>Preferences>Toolpalette

C) Applies to: Tool presets, Dynamics presets, Brushes list, Pattern list, Palettes list, Gradients list Gimp should load the last used tag in the upper tags- input field, please!

thank you.

regards

Jo

ps. attachment

1) harmony palette -ideal color picking tab (for now i use Mr. Antonishen's color harmony script) 2) upper tags- input field already filled in from the start (i use folders to sort and "tag" my presets-an excellent feature!) 3) clumsily name conventions because hierarchy is missing (see point B)