RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

clean-up project

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

clean-up project Johann 01 Jul 10:26
  clean-up project Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Jul 23:31
Johann
2014-07-01 10:26:19 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

clean-up project

Hi,

I'd love to see Gimp more functional and less cluttered: lets pick two flies with one slap! zack!

object: (Tabs-dock) -Brush
-Dynamics
-Presets
-Palette
-Gradient

following tabs have a list tab plus an editor tab. These should share the same tab. 1) Double clicking: entering the editor (less used, a double click would work fine) 2) clicking a button in the toggle area of the editor : returning to the list (primarily used)

See a good example here: http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.it/search?updated-max=2012-06-20T00:03:00%2B02:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

following tabs should be merged: -Layers
-Paths

paths should live, like text-layers, in the layers tab. The path tab toggle bar should migrate into the path options of the tool preferences tab.

Furthermore, i'd welcome if a Double click could open the tool preferences tab with relative options of: -Text layer > Text options
-Path layer > Path options
-Layer > Layer options (options in the right-click menu of layers) = additional option in the tool preferences tab

regards

Jo

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-07-01 23:31:44 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

clean-up project

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Johann wrote:

Hi,

I'd love to see Gimp more functional and less cluttered: lets pick two flies with one slap! zack!

object: (Tabs-dock) -Brush
-Dynamics
-Presets
-Palette
-Gradient

following tabs have a list tab plus an editor tab. These should share the same tab. 1) Double clicking: entering the editor (less used, a double click would work fine) 2) clicking a button in the toggle area of the editor : returning to the list (primarily used)

Makes sense to me :)

See a good example here:
http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.it/search?updated-max=2012-06-20T00:03:00%2B02:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

following tabs should be merged: -Layers
-Paths

paths should live, like text-layers, in the layers tab. The path tab toggle bar should migrate into the path options of the tool preferences tab.

Vector layers are on the radar for quite a long time :) So yes, eventually that's going to happen.

Furthermore, i'd welcome if a Double click could open the tool preferences tab with relative options of: -Text layer > Text options
-Path layer > Path options
-Layer > Layer options (options in the right-click menu of layers) = additional option in the tool preferences tab

Oh? What options?

Alex