RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.6 french mac manual

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.6 french mac manual marianne ganeau 01 Mar 14:00
  Gimp 2.6 french mac manual Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Mar 16:11
   Gimp 2.6 french mac manual Partha Bagchi 01 Mar 16:51
  Gimp 2.6 french mac manual Kolbjørn Stuestøl 01 Mar 16:28
  Gimp 2.6 french mac manual Joao S. O. Bueno 01 Mar 16:40
marianne ganeau
2014-03-01 14:00:59 UTC (about 10 years ago)

First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing because if you are responsible of a project you have to be in touch with your users. When I was volunteers for others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages ! Second : I have several problems with Gimp and I could not find nothing in the lists or other bugs pages : hopeless. My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package and the result of this installation on my hard disk is only another package which make another installation but all ends with an error in this second installation I tried ten times and each ended with the same result. And impossible to find an explanation in the lists or bug reports : am I alone to have this problem ???? The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part.
Sure, I'm not a good computerist and perhaps I'm not able to work with free softwares, but I was able to work with my macs from approximatively 30 years and I could do maintenance and repairs for ten computers in my job. So I'm not so stupid but I can need for help !!! and I don't find where is the help in your world and I'm sorry because the free softwares are a fantastic idea but which would require some solidarity. I did'nt find it here.
Perhaps can you explain to me ?
Best regards,
Pierre Jacquin.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-03-01 16:11:48 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM, marianne ganeau wrote:

... First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing

Way to start a conversation, Pierre.

others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages !

Yes, GNOME infrastracture doesn't provide us a search option. Archived copy of the list at gmane does, though:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gimp.devel

Perhaps we should specifically link to it from http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html. Would it help?

My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual... But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package

Frankly, I'm surprised you could download it, because I couldn't. The download never finishes although Chrome reports it's 100% done. And I did try different mirrors. So this could be a case of corrupt ZIP file.

The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera... I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and... and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part.

There are no Mac builds of UFRaw to the best of my knowledge. Newer version of UFRaw is part of GIMP 2.8 builds for Mac as I was given to understand, but it probably won't work on your older Mac OS X version. I don't see a simple solution for you.

Perhaps we could make use of the access to virtual machines running various versions of OS X and build 2.8 for older OS X.

Alexandre

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM, marianne ganeau wrote:

... First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing because if you are responsible of a project you have to be in touch with your users. When I was volunteers for others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages ! Second : I have several problems with Gimp and I could not find nothing in the lists or other bugs pages : hopeless. My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual... But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package and the result of this installation on my hard disk is only another << package >> which make... another installation but all ends with an << error >> in this second installation... I tried ten times and each ended with the same result. And impossible to find an explanation in the lists or bug reports : am I alone to have this problem ????
The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera... I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and... and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part.
Sure, I'm not a good computerist and perhaps I'm not able to work with free softwares, but I was able to work with my macs from approximatively 30 years and I could do maintenance and repairs for ten computers in my job. So I'm not so stupid but I can need for help !!! and I don't find where is the help in your world and I'm sorry because the free softwares are a fantastic idea but which would require some solidarity. I did'nt find it here. Perhaps can you explain to me ?
Best regards,
Pierre Jacquin.

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Kolbjørn Stuestøl
2014-03-01 16:28:37 UTC (about 10 years ago)

I think this should be posted in the gimp-docs-list@gnome.org list. I know nothing about Mac installation. In Windows the French help files are installed as html files in "GIMP 2 -> share -> gimp -> 2.0 -> help -> fr" together with an image folder. Kolbjoern
(Not developer, but a translator)

Den 01.03.2014 15:00, skreiv marianne ganeau:

First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing because if you are responsible of a project you have to be in touch with your users. When I was volunteers for others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages ! Second : I have several problems with Gimp and I could not find nothing in the lists or other bugs pages : hopeless. My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package and the result of this installation on my hard disk is only another package which make another installation but all ends with an error in this second installation I tried ten times and each ended with the same result. And impossible to find an explanation in the lists or bug reports : am I alone to have this problem ???? The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part.
Sure, I'm not a good computerist and perhaps I'm not able to work with free softwares, but I was able to work with my macs from approximatively 30 years and I could do maintenance and repairs for ten computers in my job. So I'm not so stupid but I can need for help !!! and I don't find where is the help in your world and I'm sorry because the free softwares are a fantastic idea but which would require some solidarity. I did'nt find it here. Perhaps can you explain to me ?
Best regards,
Pierre Jacquin.

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Joao S. O. Bueno
2014-03-01 16:40:16 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Hi marianne -

While some of your concerns could be more carefully addressed, please note that GIMP 2.6 has been discontinued almost 2 years ago. The current stable option of GIMP is 2.8 - and we have new people (volunteers as you said) actively working on the actual GIMP program release for the Mac. The manual is a separate, huge, hybrid software and documentation project and I think it had not been tackled by the Mac folks in recent months or years.

Maybe your message could spark address in a fresh and working manual release for Mac if there is none at the moment - but I can't see as writing it in a hostile tone as you had just done could make anyone more interested in working on that in their free time.

js -> wrote:

… First : it's almost impossible to join you to report a problem or a bug. I can understand that you are volunteers faced with many requests but it doesn't explain or excuse nothing because if you are responsible of a project you have to be in touch with your users. When I was volunteers for others projects it was my philosophy. Since in the mailing lists you can't find absolultely nothing because there is no mecanism of search in thousands and thousands and thousands of pages ! Second : I have several problems with Gimp and I could not find nothing in the lists or other bugs pages : hopeless. My prinicipal problems : I could download the GIMP 2.6 french Mac manual… But after downloading the .zip and opening it, I installed the package and the result of this installation on my hard disk is only another « package » which make… another installation but all ends with an « error » in this second installation… I tried ten times and each ended with the same result. And impossible to find an explanation in the lists or bug reports : am I alone to have this problem ????
The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the raws of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera… I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't know how install it in Gimp and… and one more time, impossible to find a help in any part.
Best regards,
Pierre Jacquin.

List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Partha Bagchi
2014-03-01 16:51:08 UTC (about 10 years ago)

The other problem I have with Gimp: The ufraw which is integrated in 2.6 GIMP (my operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11) cann't read correctly the

raws

of my camera. So, I should need to download the ufraw 0.19.2 which knows this camera... I could download it but I obtain a folder and I don't

know how

install it in Gimp and... and one more time, impossible to find a help

in any

part.

There are no Mac builds of UFRaw to the best of my knowledge. Newer version of UFRaw is part of GIMP 2.8 builds for Mac as I was given to understand, but it probably won't work on your older Mac OS X version. I don't see a simple solution for you.

Perhaps we could make use of the access to virtual machines running various versions of OS X and build 2.8 for older OS X.

Alexandre

Just a small point here Alexandre, I have been providing UFRaw builds with

my Mac builds since I started providing McGimp. :)

Thanks, Partha