RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Feature Request(if wrong way to ask, sorry)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Feature Request(if wrong way to ask, sorry) Marek Lukáš 10 Feb 16:00
  Feature Request(if wrong way to ask, sorry) Richard 11 Feb 16:36
Marek Lukáš
2014-02-10 16:00:24 UTC (about 10 years ago)

I use Gimp for awhile and I simply love it. But I came to idea to repattern something on a picture (change pattern of walls and floor) but as I found out I would need to create pattern as one huge image with right sizes and then use built-in perspective tool to adjust it. Could you please think about adding something like Perspective pattern tool? You would just select area with right perspective and then select fill this area with... . As I said, if this is wrong way to do feature request or it's already doable I want to apologize myself. I was googling as I could but haven't come to any solution.

Marek Lukáš
Richard
2014-02-11 16:36:09 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:00:24 +0100 To: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org
Subject: [Gimp-developer] Feature Request(if wrong way to ask, sorry)

I use Gimp for awhile and I simply love it. But I came to idea to repattern something on a picture (change pattern of walls and floor) but as I found out I would need to create pattern as one huge image with right sizes and then use built-in perspective tool to adjust it. Could you please think about adding something like Perspective pattern tool? You would just select area with right perspective and then select fill this area with... . As I said, if this is wrong way to do feature request or it's already doable I want to apologize myself. I was googling as I could but haven't come to any solution. --
Marek Luk
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

I believe the proper tool is called "perspective clone" but in my experience it does not seem to be able to apply a perspective effect when using a pattern as the clone source.

You can however clone from a separate layer, so if you manually tile your source pattern and place it on a different layer you can specify that as the source and the desired layer as the target, and achieve the desired effect.

-- Stratadrake strata_ranger@hotmail.com
--------------------
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.