RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Programmer Requirement

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Programmer Requirement phil@ppg7.com 20 Jan 17:51
  Gimp Programmer Requirement Sam Gleske 28 Jan 00:24
   Gimp Programmer Requirement Joao S. O. Bueno 03 Feb 14:36
    Gimp Programmer Requirement Sam Gleske 11 Feb 09:19
phil@ppg7.com
2014-01-20 17:51:04 UTC (over 10 years ago)

To Whom It May Concern,

I have subscribed for access to your mail list for developers although I am not sure that I am accessing the developers correctly. Please forgive me if I have done this incorrectly.

Why I subscribed is that I am in need of a programmer that could help me to integrate some of the functionality of Gimp into an application that I have responsibility for.

Of course this would be a paid opportunity for the individual(s) with whom I would contract.

Could you possibly help steer me in the right direction for reaching someone that could help me with this project?

I would really appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thanks!

Phil

Phillip Gilliam, President / CEO Pennington, Paul and Gilliam Inc
727-692-5151
phil@ppg7.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Pennington, Paul and Gilliam Inc, 610 S. Florida Ave., Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689, www.ppg7.com

Sam Gleske
2014-01-28 00:24:26 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM, phil@ppg7.com wrote:

I have subscribed for access to your mail list for developers although I am not
sure that I am accessing the developers correctly. Please forgive me if I have
done this incorrectly.

You're correct. What you did was incorrect. This is a developer mailing list for developers to coordinate the discussion of further developing GIMP. Your efforts are best directed to a job posting website where you can better outline the requirements of workers. If you're merely looking for contract work there are plenty of freelance programmer websites in which you could post.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named....

I realize you probably send out the stamp with every email however the developer mailing list (and all associated GIMP mailing lists) are publicly archived conversations. Confidential information should never be broadcast through email in general since it is accepted as being wholly insecure.

In any case, good luck finding someone to assist you with your project through other avenues than this mailing list.

SAM

Joao S. O. Bueno
2014-02-03 14:36:02 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 27 January 2014 22:24, Sam Gleske wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM, phil@ppg7.com wrote:

I have subscribed for access to your mail list for developers although I am not
sure that I am accessing the developers correctly. Please forgive me if I have
done this incorrectly.

You're correct. What you did was incorrect. This is a developer mailing list for developers to coordinate the discussion of further developing GIMP. Your efforts are best directed to a job posting website where you can better outline the requirements of workers. If you're merely looking for contract work there are plenty of freelance programmer websites in which you could post.

I don think it was an "incorrect post" in anyway. People are free to post here to GIMP development subject, and the probability of finding someone proeficient with GIMP code interested in doing whatever he needs here
is much higher than in a generic freelancer site.

Moreover, it can give opportunity for someone involved in GIMP as a volunteer to
get paid, if not to implement improvements directly in GIMP, at least to get more aquaintted with different places of the code base. If a subscriber of this list pick the job, I think the chances of him contributing back to the project or getting involved are far greater than someone that would accept the offer in a freelancer site.

Therefore, I think posting here is far better for him and for the project alike.

js
->

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named....

I realize you probably send out the stamp with every email however the developer mailing list (and all associated GIMP mailing lists) are publicly archived conversations. Confidential information should never be broadcast through email in general since it is accepted as being wholly insecure.

In any case, good luck finding someone to assist you with your project through other avenues than this mailing list.

SAM _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

Sam Gleske
2014-02-11 09:19:55 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Therefore, I think posting here is far better for him and for the project alike.

Perhaps I wrote it off too quickly.