RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scripting: creating a channel from a layer in another image and other channel-related manoeuvres

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Ofnuts
2013-12-13 23:21:57 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Scripting: creating a channel from a layer in another image and other channel-related manoeuvres

I need to create a channel in an image from a layer (or a channel) in another image of the same size.

I'm creating the other image so I can possibly copy the layer across the images and then use gimp-channel-new-from component() but is there a more direct method? I can't find a way to obtain a copy of a channel that doesn't remain attached to the same image (the channel equivalent to gimp-layer-new-from-drawable).

Then, gimp-layer-create-mask will accept a ADD-CHANNEL-MASK (6) type, but in this case how do I specify the channel?

Ofnuts
2013-12-14 13:49:17 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 12/14/2013 12:21 AM, Ofnuts wrote:

Then, gimp-layer-create-mask will accept a ADD-CHANNEL-MASK (6) type, but in this case how do I specify the channel?

Some googling got me an answer to this (it uses the active channel) so I have that part covered. Now for the other question, any takers?

Joao S. O. Bueno
2013-12-15 10:57:44 UTC (over 10 years ago)

When in doubt, gimp-edit-copy and gimp-edit-paste can be quite handy to transfer pixels across layers/channels/images.

On 14 December 2013 11:49, Ofnuts wrote:

On 12/14/2013 12:21 AM, Ofnuts wrote:

Some googling got me an answer to this (it uses the active channel) so I have that part covered. Now for the other question, any takers?

_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list