RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp fuzzy select tool, new feature stop at already selected pixel threshold feature

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp fuzzy select tool, new feature stop at already selected pixel threshold feature Marc Weber 22 Nov 21:34
Marc Weber
2013-11-22 21:34:21 UTC (over 10 years ago)

gimp fuzzy select tool, new feature stop at already selected pixel threshold feature

Idea, there are some annoying special cases such as:

++++++++++++++ +...........+
+..........+
+..........+
++++--+++++

where selecting the border made of - and + characters by clicking on + then using the same fuzzy select threshold on the '.' in the middle can make gimp select the whole picture, thus the new selecting flooding out of the alredy selected border which is annoying.

A sample image and threshold setting showing this behavior can be found at the initial feature request.
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=704897

That's why I suggest adding a new option to the fuzzy select tool: stop matching pixels at pixels which are already selected or something similar.

Michael Natterer asked me to discuss this feature on the gimp-dev mailinglist to gather more feedback which I am doing now.

Marc Weber