RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP | User Interface | 2.8. - Follow-up [Bug 710167] Scale image - enter key inactive but highlighted

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

528900D4.4090703@orange.fr 18 Nov 16:17
  GIMP | User Interface | 2.8. - Follow-up [Bug 710167] Scale image - enter key inactive but highlighted y.balez 18 Nov 14:38
y.balez
2013-11-18 14:38:08 UTC (over 10 years ago)

GIMP | User Interface | 2.8. - Follow-up [Bug 710167] Scale image - enter key inactive but highlighted

Hello all,
Following a remark (not really a bug) I wrote https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=710167 /" Scale image - enter key inactive - must use mouse click//"/ Michael Natterer ask me to write to the gimp-developer mailing list. /
"maybe we should reevaluate that dialog, can you raise the issue on the gimp-developer mailing list please? // //Bugzilla just doesn't have the audience for UI discussions."/

To outline the "bug": I open an image, I use image\scale image menu, I enter a number for the width and as the button border is highlighted, I use the key ... and nothing happen.

So I wrote the Bugzilla entry.

For a user point of view it seems that the User Interface is working in different ways depending of the sub-window/function called. If I understand Michael, a bug (btw, I was unable to find which one) was corrected by downgrading the Scale pop-up window, let us say, with a quick shortcut.

I think that way of doing can be only temporary. All tools in GIMP have to work in a similar way (from user point of view).

if a user can enter a value for a file name and hit the key with a highlighted border in the file save function, the same user hope to be able to enter a width value in the field of the scale function and immediately after, hit the key with its border already highlighted, to get Gimp doing the job.

So, I stop my rambling here. I hope that some of the bests around GIMP U.I. , can put their minds on this to find the best way. (or discard this, if I am wrong)