RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How do I refer to gimp in the reference section of a jounal correctly?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-web-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How do I refer to gimp in the reference section of a jounal correctly? Kaufmann, Toschi 17 Nov 15:23
  How do I refer to gimp in the reference section of a jounal correctly? Michael Schumacher 17 Nov 16:29
Kaufmann, Toschi
2013-11-17 15:23:14 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Dear All,
I used GIMP in study for the measurement of ultrasound images of the cervix of dairy cattle. Now I would like to publish an article in an international journal. The publishers wish a date and town in the reference section for the software. Can you help me with this? I cannot find any town or date on the web page of GIMP. Thanks in advance,
Toschi

-----Ursprngliche Nachricht----- Von: gimp-web-list [mailto:gimp-web-list-bounces@gnome.org] Im Auftrag von rahul naik Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. November 2013 19:19 An: gimp-web-list@gnome.org
Betreff: [Gimp-web] Permission to use gimp logo on our website

Dear All,

The website osdesign.org wouldn't have been possible with out the help of Gimp 2.8 running on linux mint 15. I sincerely thank each and everybody's contribution to it. Since the above mentioned website is also an open source initiative, we would like to give a special mention on our website acknowledging the same and it would appear under the title "special mentions" on the advertisements page. I kindly request some one to send me the mail id to be addressed to, so that we can seek permission to use gimp logo on our website with a link to the main gimp website.

Regards, Rahul

Michael Schumacher
2013-11-17 16:29:01 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Am 17.11.2013 16:23, schrieb Kaufmann, Toschi:

Dear All,
I used GIMP in study for the measurement of ultrasound images of the cervix of dairy cattle. Now I would like to publish an article in an international journal. The publishers wish a date and town in the reference section for the software.

For the date, I'd use the release date of the GIMP version you used.

For the town, this is more complicated - contributions to GIMP come from all over.

We have, to our knowledge, not received extraterrestrial (neither alien nor human) contributions yet, so "Earth" would be a good compromise to cover all of them.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD