RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Possible Release soon?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Possible Release soon? Róman Joost 31 Oct 05:08
  Possible Release soon? Joao S. O. Bueno 31 Oct 10:29
  Possible Release soon? Marco Ciampa 03 Nov 21:43
   Possible Release soon? Róman Joost 04 Nov 04:48
Róman Joost
2013-10-31 05:08:42 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Possible Release soon?

Hi,

I see so many contributions and I haven't prepared a release for ages. I'm sorry for that. My good excuse is a daily job and my son which keeps his father busy during the day.

Since I'm expecting a daughter at the end of december, I'm determined to push out a release before. I can see that Joao and his team is adding Portuguese. When would be a best time to release a new tarball?

PS: Do you guys realise that we're already working ~ 10 years on this manual?? Isn't that awesome?

Cheers and Kind Regards,

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanofski@gimp.org
Joao S. O. Bueno
2013-10-31 10:29:14 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Possible Release soon?

:-)

So - since we are undertaking a translation from scratch, and to cover the whole manual - it will take us some time - it is scheded to be ready by the end of December.

I see no problem doing a release around now, understanding that another one could be done around January or a little later when we have everything ready in Portuguese.

js -> wrote:

Hi,

I see so many contributions and I haven't prepared a release for ages. I'm sorry for that. My good excuse is a daily job and my son which keeps his father busy during the day.

Since I'm expecting a daughter at the end of december, I'm determined to push out a release before. I can see that Joao and his team is adding Portuguese. When would be a best time to release a new tarball?

PS: Do you guys realise that we're already working ~ 10 years on this manual?? Isn't that awesome?

Cheers and Kind Regards, --
Roman Joost
_______________________________________________ gimp-docs-list mailing list
gimp-docs-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs-list

Marco Ciampa
2013-11-03 21:43:17 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Possible Release soon?

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 03:08:42PM +1000, Rman Joost wrote:

Hi,

You keep respawning child (processes) until all resources, are exhausted! ;-)

Well yes and no, with so much time...

Pro:

- because the docbook-xml + gettext method is one of the best ways I saw to keep up multilanguage translation effort is an efficiently manner - context help search works out of the box and this is really a "good thing" - the produced HTML is very good and works with every browser I know of

Cons:

- pdf make is not working very especially with oriental languages - many important languages are missing, arabic for a start... - doc.gimp.org site design is really very poor, it seems to me made in year 2000 ...

... the good thing is that I want to address some of these issues ... or die in the try ... ;-)

bye

Marco Ciampa

+--------------------+
| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |
+--------------------+
Róman Joost
2013-11-04 04:48:58 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Possible Release soon?

Dear Marco,

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 10:43:17PM +0100, Marco Ciampa wrote:

Well yes and no, with so much time... Cons:

- pdf make is not working very especially with oriental languages

Mayhaps we should just ditch that target for now...

- many important languages are missing, arabic for a start... - doc.gimp.org site design is really very poor, it seems to me made in year 2000 ...

Yeah I know. We should use www.gimp.org as the site design.

If you like, the best way is to file a bug report. I remember that I always come back to the list and work on bugs, even if it takes years to fix a bug.

Kind Regards and thanks for your effort!

Roman Joost