RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

opencl error - gegl won't build without hard-resetting to an earlier version

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Elle Stone
2013-10-28 19:51:47 UTC (over 10 years ago)

I did "git pull" for gegl, tried to build, and got this error:

Making all in opencl make[2]: Entering directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/build/gegl/opencl' /usr/bin/python ./cltostring.py bilateral-filter-fast.cl Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./cltostring.py", line 56, in line = escape_string(line)
File "./cltostring.py", line 31, in escape_string if isinstance(s, unicode):
NameError: global name 'unicode' is not defined make[2]: *** [bilateral-filter-fast.cl.h] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/build/gegl/opencl' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/build/gegl' make: *** [all] Error 2

So I hard-reset Gegl to October 24th, commit 24580c4f4395be162a5e19b51681dd90d8639b59 and got the same error.

So I hard-reset Gegl all the way back to September 1, and Gegl built without any problem.

My computer doesn't play nice with opencl, if that is relevant. Is there a way to disable opencl before building?

Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles on color management and open source photography
Victor Oliveira
2013-10-28 20:18:45 UTC (over 10 years ago)

It looks like the problem is that this script depends of Python 2.x and you're using Python 3.x. The script should be updated.. ?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Elle Stone

wrote:

I did "git pull" for gegl, tried to build, and got this error:

Making all in opencl make[2]: Entering directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/**build/gegl/opencl' /usr/bin/python ./cltostring.py bilateral-filter-fast.cl Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./cltostring.py", line 56, in line = escape_string(line)
File "./cltostring.py", line 31, in escape_string if isinstance(s, unicode):
NameError: global name 'unicode' is not defined make[2]: *** [bilateral-filter-fast.cl.h] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/**build/gegl/opencl' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/elle/code/gimp291/**build/gegl' make: *** [all] Error 2

So I hard-reset Gegl to October 24th, commit 24580c4f4395be162a5e19b51681dd**90d8639b59 and got the same error.

So I hard-reset Gegl all the way back to September 1, and Gegl built without any problem.

My computer doesn't play nice with opencl, if that is relevant. Is there a way to disable opencl before building?

-- Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles on color management and open source photography ______________________________**_________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/**mailman/listinfo/gimp-** developer-list

Jon Nordby
2013-10-28 21:21:44 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 28 October 2013 21:18, Victor Oliveira wrote:

It looks like the problem is that this script depends of Python 2.x and you're using Python 3.x. The script should be updated.. ?

If the autoconf/autotools detecs and uses Python correctly, using PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 ./configure ..... will work.

Daniel Sabo
2013-10-28 21:32:54 UTC (over 10 years ago)

I've checked in a version of the generator script that should work with both python 2 & 3.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:

On 28 October 2013 21:18, Victor Oliveira wrote:

If the autoconf/autotools detecs and uses Python correctly, using PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 ./configure ..... will work.
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list