RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

My plugin doesn't start anymore after upgrading mingw/gcc suite

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

My plugin doesn't start anymore after upgrading mingw/gcc suite Alessandro Francesconi 04 Oct 09:00
  My plugin doesn't start anymore after upgrading mingw/gcc suite Partha Bagchi 04 Oct 09:41
Alessandro Francesconi
2013-10-04 09:00:50 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hello everyone,

This morning, on my Windows platform, I’ve decided to run a “mingw-get.exe upgrade” command in order to give a fresh update to my compiling tools.

The process finished fine and the GCC version changed from 4.7.2 to 4.8.1... but I shouldn't have done it!

I went to my plugin source code (it’s BIMP, by the way), then I run the usual batch command in order to compile it with the “new” tools. The compiler ended without errors, but now the plugin is disappeared from GIMP!

One strange thing after the upgrade: the filesize of my plugin’s executable changed from 270 KB to 320 KB... I think I have to add some new options to the compiler, or what?

This is the full command I use to compile my plugin: https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi/gimp-plugin-bimp/blob/master/makewin.bat

Thanks for your attention

Partha Bagchi
2013-10-04 09:41:46 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Allessandro,

I am doubtful this has anything to do with 4.8.1 since I have been using 4.8.1 in building Gimp and recently including BIMP and have not seen any issues.

Please feel free to contact me offlist to resolve this, if you wish.

Thanks, Partha

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM, Alessandro Francesconi < alessandrofrancesconi@live.it> wrote:

Hello everyone,

This morning, on my Windows platform, Ive decided to run a mingw-get.exe upgrade command in order to give a fresh update to my compiling tools.

The process finished fine and the GCC version changed from 4.7.2 to 4.8.1... but I shouldn't have done it!

I went to my plugin source code (its BIMP, by the way), then I run the usual batch command in order to compile it with the new tools. The compiler ended without errors, but now the plugin is disappeared from GIMP!

One strange thing after the upgrade: the filesize of my plugins executable changed from 270 KB to 320 KB... I think I have to add some new options to the compiler, or what?

This is the full command I use to compile my plugin: https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi/gimp-plugin-bimp/blob/master/makewin.bat

Thanks for your attention _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list