RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Environment.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Environment. Román 28 Sep 07:46
  Environment. SorinN 28 Sep 10:25
  Environment. Jehan Pagès 28 Sep 12:30
Román
2013-09-28 07:46:59 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Environment.

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to build gimp from git but I cannot because old pkg-config, babl, gegl, gtk+ and other packages. So I tried to compile all these packages from source. So, my question is: what do developers do? do you build all gimp dependecies from source? do you use debian unstable or something like that to get latest packeges?

I would like to learn by making changes in gimp and in the future to help.

Regards. Romn!

SorinN
2013-09-28 10:25:17 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Environment.

if you just want to test some of the new features - use this script : http://www.davidrevoy.com/article94/gimp-razor-script-for-cutting-edge-gimp

this will download and build all required libraries (gegl /babl) - also will buiild GIMP for you [ 2.9.x ]

If you wanna build GIMP yourself to be comfortable with ..you can still take a look to that script

2013/9/28 Román

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to build gimp from git but I cannot because old pkg-config, babl, gegl, gtk+ and other packages. So I tried to compile all these packages from source. So, my question is: what do developers do? do you build all gimp dependecies from source? do you use debian unstable or something like that to get latest packeges?

Regards. Román!
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list

Nemes Ioan Sorin
Jehan Pagès
2013-09-28 12:30:13 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Environment.

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Román wrote:

Hi everyone,

You don't need a cutting edge pkg-config, nor gtk+. What you have in your debian is likely enough (or else, debian is very late on its versions). You will likely only need the master babl and gegl. That still makes 3 packages to build from source (babl, GEGL and GIMP), but they are very easy to compile. That's basically the usual deal:
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

We welcome any new help. :-)

Jehan

Regards.
Román!
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list