RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GSoC PSD Project Summary

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GSoC PSD Project Summary CirqueForge 25 Sep 20:24
  GSoC PSD Project Summary Alexandre Prokoudine 27 Sep 16:17
   GSoC PSD Project Summary Simon Lui 29 Sep 14:34
    GSoC PSD Project Summary Alexandre Prokoudine 29 Sep 15:28
CirqueForge
2013-09-25 20:24:37 UTC (over 10 years ago)

GSoC PSD Project Summary

Hello everyone. GSoC officially ended on Monday so I wanted to summarize the list of things that I was able to do during the project:

1.) Documentation was updated to reflect updated specifications from Adobe inside the plugin.
2.) Plugin was ported to use GEGL
3.) > 8 bit color depth PSD files support was added. 4.) Parsing support for layer effects which can't be implemented yet. 5.) Header code changes including structures for slices and text which can't be implemented yet.

I wasn't active in the mailing list but I was able to talk with some of you on IRC. This was my first time contributing code to an open source project, and although I was slow at times in terms of getting commits in, I was still able to get help from everyone.

From here on out, I plan to be able to learn more and contribute more to the project as a whole. Many thanks to everyone for letting me work on this project and for having the patience and kindness to work with me.

Sincerely,

Simon Lui

Alexandre Prokoudine
2013-09-27 16:17:47 UTC (over 10 years ago)

GSoC PSD Project Summary

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM, CirqueForge wrote:

Hello everyone. GSoC officially ended on Monday so I wanted to summarize the list of things that I was able to do during the project:

1.) Documentation was updated to reflect updated specifications from Adobe inside the plugin.
3.) > 8 bit color depth PSD files support was added.

But only for loading? Is saving high bit depth PSD planned? Or does it just work?

Also, thanks a lot for the report and all the work you did!

Alexandre

Simon Lui
2013-09-29 14:34:15 UTC (over 10 years ago)

GSoC PSD Project Summary

But only for loading? Is saving high bit depth PSD planned? Or does it just work?

I initially planned to make that available but there were too many bugs associated with it that
I could not pin down for the end of GSoC so I never pushed the code.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine < alexandre.prokoudine@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM, CirqueForge wrote:

1.) Documentation was updated to reflect updated specifications from

Adobe

inside the plugin.
3.) > 8 bit color depth PSD files support was added.

Also, thanks a lot for the report and all the work you did!

Alexandre _______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list

Alexandre Prokoudine
2013-09-29 15:28:17 UTC (over 10 years ago)

GSoC PSD Project Summary

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Simon Lui wrote:

I initially planned to make that available but there were too many bugs associated with it that
I could not pin down for the end of GSoC so I never pushed the code.

Maybe you could merge your pushed changes into Git master, then push your PSD saving code to the SoC PSD branch? That way it would at least be available, didn't affect master branch and didn't bitrot on your computer :)

Of course, that's up to you and your mentor :)

Alexandre