RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Final Report - GSoC : OpenCL Operation Support

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Final Report - GSoC : OpenCL Operation Support Carlos Zubieta 23 Sep 20:57
Carlos Zubieta
2013-09-23 20:57:48 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Final Report - GSoC : OpenCL Operation Support

Hi everyone:

Today finishes the GSoC and I wanted to make a small resume of the work I did during this time.

1) I ported the next ops to OpenCL -Color-to-alpha
-Weighted-blend
-Contrast-curve
-box-max
-box-min
-noise-hurl
-noise-slur
-noise-pick
-alien-map
-red-eye-removal
-posterize
-dot
-stretch-contrast

2) Also ported the gegl-random module to OpenCL (used by most of noise-* ops).

3) And I changed those operations so they use gegl-random -noise-hsv
-noise-cie-lch

Note: I did the OpenCL port for both ops, but I realize a little late that there is no support for the required color spaces in the OpenCL color module since those are babl extensions. So we need to discuss if the babl extensions are going to be ported to OpenCL or not? And decide if those ops are going to have OpenCL support.

I know, I wasn't very active in the IRC channel, and my work-flow wasn't the most desirable to work as a team (Mostly due to my bad habit to push my commits late). But I want to thanks everyone, cause for the first time I was able to participate in a collaborative project like this one (I know I still need to incorporate myself more to the team), and also thank you everyone who helped me answering my questions and having me patience.

Also a special thanks to Victor, cause he was my mentor for the SoC.

I hope this is just the beginning for me to continue working with the GIMP/GEGL team, since there still a lot of work to do, and I want to be part of it. :)

Cheers,
Carlos Z.