RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

converting svg to png with black background

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

converting svg to png with black background Matt Becker 20 Sep 18:01
  converting svg to png with black background Matt Becker 23 Sep 22:03
  converting svg to png with black background Ofnuts 25 Sep 12:09
Matt Becker
2013-09-20 18:01:31 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hi,

not sure if this is the right mailing list, I'm trying to convert svg to png (which is working), I just need to get the background black.

Here's my scm script:

(define (svg-to-raster infile outfile
resolution
xmax
ymax)
(let* ((image (car (file-svg-load
RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
infile
""
resolution
(- 0 xmax)
(- 0 ymax)
)
)
)
(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))) )
(plug-in-autocrop RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable) (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable outfile outfile) (gimp-image-delete image)
)
)

I want a non-antialiased png with black background as the final result, currently background is transparent. See attached for my original svg image. It's converting fine from shell (other than black background) via:

gimp -i -b '( svg-to-raster "special_areas.svg" "special_areas.png" 72 0 0)' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'

thanks

Matt Becker
2013-09-23 22:03:48 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hi,

I'm trying to convert svg to png (which is working), I just need to get the background black.

Here's my scm script:

resolution
xmax
ymax)
(let* ((image (car (file-svg-load

RUN-NONINTERACTIVE infile
""
resolution
(- 0 xmax)
(- 0 ymax)

)
)
)
(plug-in-autocrop RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable) (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable outfile outfile) (gimp-image-delete image)
)
)

I need a non-antialiased png with black background as the final result, currently background is transparent. See attached for my original svg image. It's converting fine from shell (other than black background) via:

gimp -i -b '( svg-to-raster "special_areas.svg" "special_areas.png" 72 0 0)' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'

thanks

Ofnuts
2013-09-25 12:09:19 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 09/20/2013 08:01 PM, Matt Becker wrote:

Hi,

not sure if this is the right mailing list, I'm trying to convert svg to png (which is working), I just need to get the background black.

Here's my scm script:

resolution
xmax
ymax)
(let* ((image (car (file-svg-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE infile
""
resolution
(- 0 xmax)
(- 0 ymax)
)
)
)
)
)

I want a non-antialiased png with black background as the final result, currently background is transparent. See attached for my original svg image. It's converting fine from shell (other than black background) via:

Completely different solution;

Use gimp-vectors-import-from-file to import a path form a SVG, then create a layer, fill with black, and stroke the path after setting the foreground to the color of your choice. However this will get your something antialiased. The same without anti-aliasing: stroke the path on a transparent layer, then threshold the alpha channel.

Improvement on your solution:

- Once you have the path on the transparent layer, alpha lock the layer and bucket fill with the final color - Inset black layer below.