RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Feature Request] Enhance the operation of the 'Create from Clipboard' method

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Feature Request] Enhance the operation of the 'Create from Clipboard' method Sylae Corell 12 Jul 21:39
  [Feature Request] Enhance the operation of the 'Create from Clipboard' method Guillermo Espertino (Gez) 12 Jul 22:00
Sylae Corell
2013-07-12 21:39:27 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

Hello everyone,

So, I regularly use the Create from Clipboard feature to make quick edits, especially from images grabbed off the web. However, I'm often an imbecile and accidentally click "copy image location" instead of "copy image" in my browser. Would it be possible, if the clipboard data is not an image, have gimp detect that a text url is there and prompt to download it?

Thanks for helping make this program, guys. It's one of the jewels of Open-Source :)

Sylae Jiendra Corell
http://calref.net
Guillermo Espertino (Gez)
2013-07-12 22:00:39 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

El 12/07/13 18:39, Sylae Corell escribi:

Hello everyone,

So, I regularly use the Create from Clipboard feature to make quick edits, especially from images grabbed off the web. However, I'm often an imbecile and accidentally click "copy image location" instead of "copy image" in my browser. Would it be possible, if the clipboard data is not an image, have gimp detect that a text url is there and prompt to download it?

Thanks for helping make this program, guys. It's one of the jewels of Open-Source :)

Sylae:
You can use File > Open Location to open image URLs.

Anyway, I guess it would be nice to have the feature you describe. The functionality for opening URLs is already there, so the only thing needed would be to detect if the text string in the clipboard is actually an url of an image, and then trigger the existing procedure for opening files from urls.

Sounds like something useful.

Gez