RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

publication permission

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

51D81938.8080002@gmail.com 08 Jul 09:35
  publication permission Michael Natterer 08 Jul 09:34
   publication permission Alexandre Prokoudine 08 Jul 09:39
Michael Natterer
2013-07-08 09:34:20 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

publication permission

On Sat, 2013-07-06 at 09:18 -0400, Christopher Whittum wrote:

Hello. I am writing a book on open source educational software (Energize Education Through Open Source). In this book, I discuss GIMP. I would like to obtain your permission to include a screen shot of GIMP to accompany my abstract.

My guts feeling is that you can use screenshots of GIMP for whatever purpose, and of course we have no problem with promoting GIMP in educational literature, but IANAL, so I'm CCing gimp-developer-list for the record, and to maybe get you a more educated response on the issue.

Regards,
--Mitch

Thank you for your time.
--

Christopher Whittum
M.Ed. Learning and Technology
CDW Web Design
Energize Education Through Open Source

Alexandre Prokoudine
2013-07-08 09:39:36 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

publication permission

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Michael Natterer wrote:

On Sat, 2013-07-06 at 09:18 -0400, Christopher Whittum wrote:

Hello. I am writing a book on open source educational software (Energize Education Through Open Source). In this book, I discuss GIMP. I would like to obtain your permission to include a screen shot of GIMP to accompany my abstract.

My guts feeling is that you can use screenshots of GIMP for whatever purpose, and of course we have no problem with promoting GIMP in educational literature, but IANAL, so I'm CCing gimp-developer-list for the record, and to maybe get you a more educated response on the issue.

IANAL too, but since there's no trademark on GIMP, people can do as they please.

Alexandre Prokoudine http://libregraphicsworld.org