RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help :(

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help :( Caitlin Muela 01 Jul 16:55
  Help :( Alexandre Prokoudine 02 Jul 15:21
   Help :( Guillermo Espertino (Gez) 02 Jul 15:40
  Help :( Marco Ciampa 02 Jul 15:53
   Help :( SorinN 06 Jul 22:30
Caitlin Muela
2012-07-01 16:55:03 UTC (over 11 years ago)

Gimp Developer(s),

My friend is having some problems with Gimp. When she opens it, the Tool features that are usually located on the right (Layers, Paths, Undo, ect.) are missing. We’ve tried closing and opening Gimp, Looking at the Tool Bar at the top, and shutting down the computer, but nothing seems to work. The version she has is Gimp 2. I hope this was enough information needed to clarify the question. How can I help her get that Feature to show?

Sincerely, Cora

Alexandre Prokoudine
2012-07-02 15:21:07 UTC (over 11 years ago)

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Caitlin Muela wrote:

Gimp Developer(s),

My friend is having some problems with Gimp. When she opens it, the Tool features that are usually located on the right (Layers, Paths, Undo, ect.) are missing. Weve tried closing and opening Gimp, Looking at the Tool Bar at the top, and shutting down the computer, but nothing seems to work. The version she has is Gimp 2. I hope this was enough information needed to clarify the question. How can I help her get that Feature to show?

"GIMP 2" is too generic. Is it GIMP 2.6 or GIMP 2.8?

The "Windows > Dockable Dialogs" submenu has all the floating dialogs you probably need.

Alexandre Prokoudine http://libregraphicsworld.org

gimp-developer-list mailing list
gimp-developer-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
Guillermo Espertino (Gez)
2012-07-02 15:40:03 UTC (over 11 years ago)

El 02/07/12 12:21, Alexandre Prokoudine escribi:

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Caitlin Muela wrote:

Gimp Developer(s),

My friend is having some problems with Gimp. When she opens it, the Tool features that are usually located on the right (Layers, Paths, Undo, ect.) are missing. Weve tried closing and opening Gimp, Looking at the Tool Bar at the top, and shutting down the computer, but nothing seems to work. The version she has is Gimp 2. I hope this was enough information needed to clarify the question. How can I help her get that Feature to show?

"GIMP 2" is too generic. Is it GIMP 2.6 or GIMP 2.8?

The "Windows> Dockable Dialogs" submenu has all the floating dialogs you probably need.

And if she's using GIMP 2.8 with the single window mode on, probably it's a good idea to temporarily disable it (under the "windows" menu), move the toolbar to the left, re-open the closed dockable and when everything is in place activate the single window mode again.

Gez.

gimp-developer-list mailing list
Marco Ciampa
2012-07-02 15:53:10 UTC (over 11 years ago)

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 11:55:03AM -0500, Caitlin Muela wrote:

Gimp Developer(s),

My friend is having some problems with Gimp. When she opens it, the Tool features that are usually located on the right (Layers, Paths, Undo, ect.) are missing. We’ve tried closing and opening Gimp, Looking at the Tool Bar at the top, and shutting down the computer, but nothing seems to work. The version she has is Gimp 2. I hope this was enough information needed to clarify the question. How can I help her get that Feature to show?

Try to press the "Tab" key and see what happens...

SorinN
2012-07-06 22:30:39 UTC (over 11 years ago)

..or press "Control + B" and the Toolbox will come ..press Tab and the right floating boxes will come

OR

you can add manually those boxes to life by using Windows >> Dockable Dialogs ..and then choose the toolbox you need in few steps you can bring back all missing boxes

2012/7/2 Marco Ciampa :

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 11:55:03AM -0500, Caitlin Muela wrote:

Gimp Developer(s),

Try to press the "Tab" key and see what happens...

--

Marco Ciampa

+--------------------+ | Linux User #78271 |
| FSFE fellow #364 |
+--------------------+
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list