RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Differences between Gimp Windows and Gimp Linux

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Differences between Gimp Windows and Gimp Linux Anke Lange 06 May 16:49
  Differences between Gimp Windows and Gimp Linux mikehenning@eclipse.net 06 May 17:13
Anke Lange
2012-05-06 16:49:36 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

Hello list

Since I started to write my gimp-course for Gimp 2.2, I was wondering, why the screenshot-funktion looks so different in Linux from Windows. It has never changed. Now that I update the course again, I wonder if there is a reason to it.

I mean the possibility on Gimp for Linux to make a screenshot from a selection. You can't do that on Window.

By the way, thanks for the great work you done on the new gimp.

Anke

Anke Lange
An der Landwehr 25
49076 Osnabrck
Telefon 0541 6004299
gimp-werkstatt@gmx.de

www.kreativ-workshops.net
www.gimp-werkstatt.de
www.kompozer-web.de

mikehenning@eclipse.net
2012-05-06 17:13:23 UTC (almost 12 years ago)

Since I started to write my gimp-course for Gimp 2.2, I was wondering, why the screenshot-funktion looks so different in Linux from Windows. It has never changed. Now that I update the course again, I wonder if there is a reason to it.

I mean the possibility on Gimp for Linux to make a screenshot from a selection. You can't do that on Window.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Right now, I think the 2 different dialogs are created by 2 entirely different plugins - one for Windows and one for Linux. For years, it's been the intention that the Linux one were to be ported to Windows, but nobody's gotten around to it yet, because other things took precedence (and not many of the devs use windows).

In other words, it's on the todo list to make them the same, just near the very bottom of the list.

- Drawoc