Sign up now! · Forgot password?
RSS/Atom feed identi.ca Twitter

libpoppler not found

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

libpoppler not found Marco Ciampa 25 Apr 14:41
  libpoppler not found Mukund Sivaraman 25 Apr 15:04
   libpoppler not found Marco Ciampa 25 Apr 17:03
    libpoppler not found Mukund Sivaraman 25 Apr 17:33
     libpoppler not found Marco Ciampa 25 Apr 18:07
Marco Ciampa
2012-04-25 14:41:18 UTC (almost 2 years ago)

libpoppler not found

I have a Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 with libpoppler19 (libpoppler-dev) installed.

dpkg -l|grep ii|grep poppler ii libpoppler-dev 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library -- development files ii libpoppler-glib8 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (GLib-based shared library) ii libpoppler-qt4-3 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (Qt 4 based shared library) ii libpoppler19 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library ii poppler-data 0.4.5-2 Encoding data for the poppler PDF rendering library ii poppler-utils 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF utilities (based on Poppler)

..

git pull ...
./autogen gives:

Optional Plug-Ins: Ascii Art: yes
Compressor: yes
Ghostscript: yes
Help Browser: yes
LCMS: yes
JPEG: yes
JPEG 2000: yes
MNG: yes
PDF (import): Using PostScript plug-in (libpoppler not found) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PDF (export): yes
PNG: yes
Print: yes
PSP: yes
Python: yes
Script-Fu: yes
SVG: yes
TIFF: yes
TWAIN (MacOS X): no
TWAIN (Win32): no
URI: yes (using GIO/GVfs) Webpage: yes
Windows ICO: yes
WMF: yes
XJT: yes
X11 Mouse Cursor: yes
XPM: yes

I posted it because Ubuntu is quite popular these days...maybe it is of no importance at all...

bye

Mukund Sivaraman
2012-04-25 15:04:36 UTC (almost 2 years ago)

libpoppler not found

Hi Marco

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 04:41:18PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I have a Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 with libpoppler19 (libpoppler-dev) installed.

dpkg -l|grep ii|grep poppler ii libpoppler-dev 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library -- development files ii libpoppler-glib8 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (GLib-based shared library) ii libpoppler-qt4-3 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (Qt 4 based shared library) ii libpoppler19 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library ii poppler-data 0.4.5-2 Encoding data for the poppler PDF rendering library ii poppler-utils 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF utilities (based on Poppler)

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion

What does that print?

Kind regards,

Mukund

Marco Ciampa
2012-04-25 17:03:07 UTC (almost 2 years ago)

libpoppler not found

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 08:34:36PM +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

Hi Marco

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 04:41:18PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I have a Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 with libpoppler19 (libpoppler-dev) installed.

dpkg -l|grep ii|grep poppler ii libpoppler-dev 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library -- development files ii libpoppler-glib8 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (GLib-based shared library) ii libpoppler-qt4-3 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library (Qt 4 based shared library) ii libpoppler19 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF rendering library ii poppler-data 0.4.5-2 Encoding data for the poppler PDF rendering library ii poppler-utils 0.18.4-1ubuntu2 PDF utilities (based on Poppler)

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion

What does that print?

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion Package poppler-glib was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `poppler-glib.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'poppler-glib' found

but:

$ locate poppler-glib /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpoppler-glib.so.8 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpoppler-glib.so.8.2.0 /usr/share/doc/libpoppler-glib8
/usr/share/doc/libpoppler-glib8/changelog.Debian.gz /usr/share/doc/libpoppler-glib8/copyright /usr/share/vala-0.14/vapi/poppler-glib.deps /usr/share/vala-0.14/vapi/poppler-glib.vapi /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib4.list /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib4.postrm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib5.list /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib5.postrm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib6.list /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib6.postrm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib8:amd64.list /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib8:amd64.md5sums /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib8:amd64.postinst /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib8:amd64.postrm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpoppler-glib8:amd64.shlibs

...

Mukund Sivaraman
2012-04-25 17:33:30 UTC (almost 2 years ago)

libpoppler not found

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 07:03:07PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion

What does that print?

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion Package poppler-glib was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `poppler-glib.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'poppler-glib' found

Do you have a poppler-glib.pc file in the /usr/lib*/pkgconfig/ directory on your system?

pkg-config is not able to find it. That's why you got the error above, and this is why gimp's configure script also doesn't find it.

Kind regards,

Mukund

Marco Ciampa
2012-04-25 18:07:17 UTC (almost 2 years ago)

libpoppler not found

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:03:30PM +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 07:03:07PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion

What does that print?

pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion Package poppler-glib was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `poppler-glib.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'poppler-glib' found

Do you have a poppler-glib.pc file in the /usr/lib*/pkgconfig/ directory on your system?

pkg-config is not able to find it. That's why you got the error above, and this is why gimp's configure script also doesn't find it.

Kind regards,

Mukund

Gosh, my fault. I was looking for libpoppler-dev _not_ libpoppler-glib-dev which was missing...

Resolved simply with:

apt-get install libpoppler-glib-dev

now

$pkg-config poppler-glib --modversion

says:

0.18.4

correctly.

Thanks and sorry for the noise.