RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to build the help files from existing html ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to build the help files from existing html ? Cristian Secară 31 Jan 17:06
  how to build the help files from existing html ? Ulf-D. Ehlert 31 Jan 17:51
Cristian Secară
2012-01-31 17:06:44 UTC (about 12 years ago)

În data de Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:30:48 +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert a scris:

The script we used when migrating to gettext-based documentation failed to extract, save, and reuse the glossary translations, I did never find out why. :-(

From this older post I understand that the documentation is now in gettext format (?) and that there is/was an utility to convert an existing html text to gettext (?).

Where can I find more details about this ?

There is someone who has translated the 2.6.x in Romanian as html http://gimp.e3.ro/
(less the translated snapshots)

He is now ready to update the text to suit 2.8. What is the way he must go on ?

Cristi

Ulf-D. Ehlert
2012-01-31 17:51:08 UTC (about 12 years ago)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 07:06:44PM +0200, Cristian Secară wrote:

În data de Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:30:48 +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert a scris:

The script we used when migrating to gettext-based documentation failed to extract, save, and reuse the glossary translations, I did never find out why. :-(

From this older post I understand that the documentation is now in gettext format (?) and that there is/was an utility to convert an existing html text to gettext (?).

No. If I remember correctly, that script converted our multi-language XML-files to several single-language XML-files of exactly the same structure, e.g.

old-doc.xml -----------

etc.

was converted to

en/new-doc.xml xx/new-doc.xml yy/new-doc.xml etc. -------------- -------------- --------------
... ... ...

and then these XML-files were converted to po-files.

There is someone who has translated the 2.6.x in Romanian as html http://gimp.e3.ro/
(less the translated snapshots)

He is now ready to update the text to suit 2.8. What is the way he must go on ?

Hmm, no idea right now... :-(

Ulf