RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

existig translation don't show translated

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

existig translation don't show translated Cristian Secară 05 Sep 18:31
  existig translation don't show translated Cristian Secară 05 Sep 22:15
Cristian Secară
2011-09-05 18:31:00 UTC (over 12 years ago)

In the Brushes / Patterns / Gradients panel there is the "enter tags" field, with a drop down arrow. For some languages [*], by default, in the tags.xml file, the /brushes/Round.vbr has the "round" tag associated and the /brushes/Round-Fuzzy.vbr has the "fuzzy" and "round" tags associated.

These tags are present in the main .po file:

#: ../data/tags/gimp-tags-default.xml.in.h:1 msgid "fuzzy"

#: ../data/tags/gimp-tags-default.xml.in.h:2 msgid "round"

However, for those languages where these tags are present in the tags.xml file, in the UI they are shown always in English. What's the mistery ? If this is again some resource-impossibility, at least they should be deleted completely.

[*] if launching GIMP with set lang=de, en or ro, these tags are embedded in the tags.xml file; if launching GIMP with set lang=es, fr or it, these tags no longer exists; for each language test I delete the .gimp-2.7 directory entirely from the users directory (Windows Vista 64)

Cristi

Cristian Secară
2011-09-05 22:15:53 UTC (over 12 years ago)

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:31:00 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:

[...] For some languages [*], by default, in the tags.xml file, the /brushes/Round.vbr has the "round" tag associated and the /brushes/Round-Fuzzy.vbr has the "fuzzy" and "round" tags associated.

Hmm. Something strange occurs there.

For those languages where the tags "round" and "fuzzy" exist in the tags.xml file, there are *two* entries for Round-Fuzzy.vbr, one with the path separated by / and another one with the path separated by \.

One is
fuzzy
round

The other is

This is true also when launching with set lang=en.

Bug ? On languages without default tags, only one entry for Round-Fuzzy.vbr exists (the one with \).

Testing on Windows, development version 2.7.3 from Sourceforge. I have a running Fedora 14 at hand, but I don't know how to compile a program, so I cannot test version 2.7.3 there (and I don't know where to get an already built .rpm).

Cristi