RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Filters to be programmed.

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Filters to be programmed. Øyvind Kolås 04 Sep 17:25
Filters to be programmed. Geert Jordaens 24 Sep 12:54
Øyvind Kolås
2006-09-04 17:25:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I am thinking about trying to reuse the SVG1.1 filter syntax for custom graphs for the XML. The image processing primitives in SVG1.1 makes up my current wish list for operations (along with porting some simple chromakeyer from gggl/blender, as well as other sources of image processing operations that might exist.)

One of the nicer things about the SVG filters are that the reference[1] specifies how to make these operations scale tolerant, which is something that is needed for proper minimization of computed regions at a later stage of GEGL development.

So if someone wants to take a shot at coding gegl filters, coding some of these (or porting the equivalents from somewhere else) would be welcome additions. (make sure it doesn't already exist though).

/Øyvind K.

1: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html

Geert Jordaens
2006-09-24 12:54:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Øyvind Kolås wrote:

I am thinking about trying to reuse the SVG1.1 filter syntax for custom graphs for the XML. The image processing primitives in SVG1.1 makes up my current wish list for operations (along with porting some simple chromakeyer from gggl/blender, as well as other sources of image processing operations that might exist.)

One of the nicer things about the SVG filters are that the reference[1] specifies how to make these operations scale tolerant, which is something that is needed for proper minimization of computed regions at a later stage of GEGL development.

So if someone wants to take a shot at coding gegl filters, coding some of these (or porting the equivalents from somewhere else) would be welcome additions. (make sure it doesn't already exist though).

/Øyvind K.

1: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html

I can give it a try to code some filters. Should the filters get a separate directory?

operations Runtime loaded plug-ins for image processing operations. ? ?
? ???core Basic operations tightly coupled with GEGL. ? ?
? ???blur Blurring operations. ? ???color Color adjustments. ? ???display Operations that show image data as a side effect. ? ???meta Operations that are made by gegl graphs. ? ???file-io File loaders.
| |__Filters
? ???render Operations providing patters, graidents, fills, ... . .
? ???transform transforming/resampling operations ? ???transparency opacity/mask control . .
. .
. .

Geert