RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bug Bug 568150 With 'Resize window on zoom', zoom focus does not work when window is of maximum size

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

xianghang liu
2010-07-26 12:27:52 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Bug Bug 568150 With 'Resize window on zoom', zoom focus does not work when window is of maximum size

Hi,
I think this bug can be fixed by the attached patch. The function gimp_display_shell_scale () is modified so that when the window if of the maximum size, zoom in will be processed in the same way as the situation that "Resize window on zoom" is not selected.

I have checked Photoshop CS5 and found it has a similar behavior.

This patch is just the illustration of the idea. I am happy to make any modification to it if there are any mistakes.

Cheers, Xianghang

peter sikking
2010-07-26 12:53:48 UTC (over 13 years ago)

xianghang liu wrote:

I think this bug can be fixed by the attached patch.

great. I trust that the solution is the right thing because Martin pointed out in the bug what should happen and where to repair it.

I have checked Photoshop CS5 and found it has a similar behavior.

uhm, can I (without drama) say that that proves exactly nothing for us?

in general, a the right UI solution for us is:

- good UI design in general - fits the context of GIMP (metaphors, models, legacy)

on both counts ps can be pointing in exactly the wrong direction.

--ps

founder + principal interaction architect man + machine interface works

http://mmiworks.net/blog : on interaction architecture

xianghang liu
2010-07-27 13:39:28 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Hi,

great. I trust that the solution is the right thing because Martin pointed out in the bug what should happen and where to repair it.

Then what I need to do to get this patch applied to the git version of GIMP.

Thanks,
lxh

Tobias Jakobs
2010-07-27 14:01:04 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 13:39, xianghang liu wrote:

Then what I need to do to get this patch applied to the git version of GIMP.

I'm not a GIMP developer, but usually it's a good idea to attach patches to the bugreport, so they don't get lost.

Regards, Tobias

xianghang liu
2010-07-28 15:02:38 UTC (over 13 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Tobias Jakobs wrote:

Hi,

I'm not a GIMP developer, but usually it's a good idea to attach patches to the bugreport, so they don't get lost.

Thanks a lot. I will do this.

Cheers, lxh