RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New GEGL webpages (was: would like to help)

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New GEGL webpages (was: would like to help) Øyvind Kolås 17 Jul 18:41
Øyvind Kolås
2006-07-17 18:41:43 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

New GEGL webpages (was: would like to help)

On 6/23/06, Florent Monnier (aka Blue Prawn) wrote:

IMHO the documentation is indeed an important part, since there are often people coming here willing to help, but which get lost, or don't understand what's involved. It seems there are even gimp developers arround too who don't understand the "thing" ;-) so all this maybe explains why gegl germinates for so long. This said is not to bother the active gegl developers

The largest problem with GEGL development was that it was dead. Bringing it back to life, when various dead pieces of code are lying about everywhere took time, but I now think GEGL is ready for more contributors.

One of the google summer of code participants is already commiting to CVS improving the infrastructure, as well as developing extensions. I am now getting close to want to replace the existing webpages with some new documentation. The new pages are in CVS in the docs directory, and the generated content is currently hosted at http://pippin.gimp.org/gegl/

The content needs more updating, and the API reference should be resurrected. But with the current content I think it should be possible for more people to get involved. Which might be good since the amount of time I can contribute in the coming month probably will be small.

/Øyvind K.