RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

wrong email webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

wrong email webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org Florent Monnier 07 Jan 21:51
wrong email webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org Sven Neumann 08 Jan 15:47
wrong email webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org Florent Monnier 09 Jan 10:05
wrong email webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org Michael Schumacher 09 Jan 11:51
Florent Monnier
2006-01-07 21:51:18 UTC (over 18 years ago)

- Ces destinataires ont été traités par le serveur de messagerie : webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org; Échec; 5.1.1 (adresse de boîte aux lettres de destination incorrecte)

ATM à distance mail.gimp.org : Diagnostic SMTP : 550 Unknown local part webmaster in

Sven Neumann
2006-01-08 15:47:46 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

Florent Monnier writes:

- Ces destinataires ont été traités par le serveur de messagerie : webmaster-FUKP2KQtebk@public.gmane.org; Échec; 5.1.1 (adresse de boîte aux lettres de destination incorrecte)

ATM à distance mail.gimp.org : Diagnostic SMTP : 550 Unknown local part webmaster in

Well, do we really need a working webmaster address? If you think we do, are you volunteering to get that mail and deal with it?

Sven

Florent Monnier
2006-01-09 10:05:55 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Well, do we really need a working webmaster address?

If someone needs to report a problem on the web-site, yes. For exemple if there is a problem to see some pages with a browser.

If you think we do, are you volunteering to get that mail and deal with it?

I would really be proud of it!
I'm very surpised though that you propose this to someone you don't know. I am even not a gegl developer yet.

Though my interest in Gegl is real, and if I can do something to help, I would enjoy it.

Michael Schumacher
2006-01-09 11:51:00 UTC (over 18 years ago)

--- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
Von: Florent Monnier
An: Sven Neumann

Well, do we really need a working webmaster address?

If someone needs to report a problem on the web-site, yes. For exemple if there is a problem to see some pages with a browser.

We could also add a web component to the GEGL product in Bugzilla. http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GEGL

This would have some major benefits:

- Raise tha bar for bug reports, so that not every single pixel misalignment is reported
- Prevent the address from being spammed (or at least the final recipient) - Make everyone with write access to the GEGL CVS able to fix things

If you think we do, are you volunteering to get that mail and deal with

it?

I would really be proud of it! I'm very surpised though that you propose this to someone you don't know.

If you've ever received mails for one of those generic addresses, you know why Sven doesn't threaten to forward the mail to someone who didn't show interest in the first place ;)

HTH, Michael