RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cygwin + SVN

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

14 of 14 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gnome Migration to SVN Roman Joost 08 Jan 11:22
  Gnome Migration to SVN Axel Wernicke 08 Jan 13:00
  Gnome Migration to SVN Alessandro Falappa 08 Jan 15:36
  Gnome Migration to SVN Manuel Quiñones 09 Jan 02:13
  Gnome Migration to SVN julien 09 Jan 06:23
   Gnome Migration to SVN Roman Joost 09 Jan 10:32
    Gnome Migration to SVN julien 09 Jan 21:17
     Gnome Migration to SVN Sven Neumann 10 Jan 08:58
     Gnome Migration to SVN Choi, Ji-Hui 11 Jan 12:55
      Cygwin + SVN Roman Joost 11 Jan 13:13
       Cygwin + SVN Choi, Ji-Hui 21 Jan 14:30
      Gnome Migration to SVN julien 11 Jan 18:45
       Gnome Migration to SVN Nickolay V. Shmyrev 11 Jan 22:16
  Gnome Migration to SVN Daniel Egger 12 Jan 00:21
Roman Joost
2007-01-08 11:22:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

Hey folks!

I'm just curious if everyone was able to successfully change his CVS driven sandbox to an SVN one. The gnome people migrated to SVN now and if anyone of you have problems let me know.

Greetings,

Axel Wernicke
2007-01-08 13:00:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

I switched succesfully - with a little help from the GIMP irc

greetings, lexA

-------- Original-Nachricht -------- Datum: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:22:17 +0100 Von: Roman Joost
An: GIMP Docs
Betreff: [Gimp-docs] Gnome Migration to SVN

Hey folks!

I'm just curious if everyone was able to successfully change his CVS driven sandbox to an SVN one. The gnome people migrated to SVN now and if anyone of you have problems let me know.

Greetings,

Alessandro Falappa
2007-01-08 15:36:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

Roman Joost wrote:

Hey folks!

Greetings,

I haven't tried to switch to SVN my CVS working copy in place, but I've sent to Marco a patch derived from the old CVS repository and that was successfully applied to the new SVN repository.

I'm planning to start from scratch with a new working copy for the new contributions.

I've had one small issue with SVN though: I was obliged to use the https:// protocol instead of plain http:// because of my company proxy/firewall blocking some HTTP commands other than the standard GET and POST.

Cheers.

Manuel Quiñones
2007-01-09 02:13:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

Hello Roman.

I've checked out the entire project and compiled it for Spanish without a problem.

Roman, Marco, and Axel: if you agree, I would like to request a subversion account to commit my translations directly. This will speed my work a lot, I'm hoping to get more compromised this year with it.

I know about the requesting process here: http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts I think I pass the requisites, all I need is your bless :)

Cheers, Manuel

2007/1/8, Roman Joost :

Hey folks!

Greetings, --
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanofski at gimp.org

julien
2007-01-09 06:23:24 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

No problem to install SVN under Linux and Cygwin but my connection problem got worse: Now I can no longer connect in anonymous mode under Linux. I can with Cygwin...

Roman Joost a ?crit :

Hey folks!

Greetings,

Roman Joost
2007-01-09 10:32:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:23:24AM +0100, julien wrote:

No problem to install SVN under Linux and Cygwin but my connection problem got worse: Now I can no longer connect in anonymous mode under Linux. I can with Cygwin...

I'm just curious: are you still using the cvs command or do you use 'svn'? Which checkout URL do you use?

Greetings,

julien
2007-01-09 21:17:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

I use "svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gimp-help-2/trunk/"

But, by chance, I discovered that host svn.gnome.org
gives the usual "svn.gnome.org has address 82 11 81 213 Warning: message parser reports malformed message packet. Connection timed out; no server could be reached" that I get with all internet addresses.

And just after this error message, I can checkout! Very weird!

This problem with 'host' is probably related to the other connection problem I have: Konqueror only can connect to the Web. All other browsers fail. Under Linux; no problem under WinXP.

Roman Joost a ?crit :

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:23:24AM +0100, julien wrote:

I'm just curious: are you still using the cvs command or do you use 'svn'? Which checkout URL do you use?

Greetings,
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sven Neumann
2007-01-10 08:58:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 21:17 +0100, julien wrote:

This problem with 'host' is probably related to the other connection problem I have: Konqueror only can connect to the Web. All other browsers fail. Under Linux; no problem under WinXP.

Have you tried lowering the MTU? I haven't seen the error message you reported and I can't think of anything that could cause it, but lowering the MTU might help. See http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mtu.htm.

Sven

Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-01-11 12:55:48 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

Hi, Roman.

I'm working using cygwin on Win XP. but I can't find one about svn on cygwin.

how can I do? shall I install linux? :cry:

Roman Joost
2007-01-11 13:13:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Cygwin + SVN

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:55:48PM +0900, Choi, Ji-Hui wrote:

Hi, Roman.

I have to guess, because I don't use Windows as a sandbox. So probably you can install svn as you installed the cvs on your cygwin box.

Greetings,

julien
2007-01-11 18:45:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

You only have to add "subversion-apache2" by using cygwin setup. You can find it in the Net category.
But there is a severe problem: Cygwin doesn't support UTF-8 and making diff for patch fails.
IMHO, it is not possible to add UTF-8 to Cygwin.

Choi, Ji-Hui a ?crit :

Hi, Roman.

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2007-01-11 22:16:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

? ???, 11/01/2007 ? 18:45 +0100, julien ?????:

You only have to add "subversion-apache2" by using cygwin setup. You can find it in the Net category.
But there is a severe problem: Cygwin doesn't support UTF-8 and making diff for patch fails.
IMHO, it is not possible to add UTF-8 to Cygwin.

For windows there is http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ - very good subversion client. Now about UTF-8, I don't quite understand. There should be UTF-8 locale and even if no, what's the problem to make a patch?
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?= Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070112/eb743184/attachment.bin

Daniel Egger
2007-01-12 00:21:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gnome Migration to SVN

On 08.01.2007, at 11:22, Roman Joost wrote:

Works fine for me with svk on OS X 10.4.

Servus, Daniel

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070112/5d7fe99d/attachment.bin

Choi, Ji-Hui
2007-01-21 14:30:20 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Cygwin + SVN

I check now. it works well.
Thank Roman. ^^