RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

autoindex-ng

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

autoindex-ng Roman Joost 29 Nov 15:24
  autoindex-ng Sven Neumann 29 Nov 15:38
   autoindex-ng Nickolay V. Shmyrev 29 Nov 16:59
    autoindex-ng Sven Neumann 29 Nov 17:30
     autoindex-ng Nickolay V. Shmyrev 29 Nov 17:50
      autoindex-ng Roman Joost 29 Nov 18:08
       autoindex-ng Nickolay V. Shmyrev 29 Nov 18:32
        autoindex-ng Roman Joost 30 Nov 08:50
Roman Joost
2006-11-29 15:24:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi folks,

I'm not able to compile the HTML files anymore with the autoindex-ng stylesheet. Is there anyone who needs this type of indexing or simple: does anyone have trouble creating HTML files so far?

Greetings,

Sven Neumann
2006-11-29 15:38:02 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:24 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:

I'm not able to compile the HTML files anymore with the autoindex-ng stylesheet.

Why has the change to autoindex-ng been made in the first place?

Sven

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2006-11-29 16:59:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:24 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:

I'm not able to compile the HTML files anymore with the autoindex-ng stylesheet.

Why has the change to autoindex-ng been made in the first place?

Sven

Sorry for this kind of troubles. Without autoidx-ng docbook-xsl stylesheets generate rather bad index for non-english languages. For example it doesn't recognize some iso8859-1 letters for french, puts everything into single Symbols category for Russian and Korean.

Autoidx-ng is supposed to solve this problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with xsltproc. It takes too much memory for English and with new docbook-xsl it even denies xsltproc as xslt processor.

I see several options here:

1. Return back to autoidx. Will work but our index will be not perfect.

2. Copy-paste autoidx-ng in our stylesheets and correct it to take less memory and accept xsltproc. Not so good solution I suppose.

3. Fix xsltproc. That will require some time but I can try to do this work. Although I can say how soon this changes will be applied.

Sven Neumann
2006-11-29 17:30:45 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:59 +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

Autoidx-ng is supposed to solve this problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with xsltproc. It takes too much memory for English and with new docbook-xsl it even denies xsltproc as xslt processor.

Until this is fixed, autoindex-ng shouldn't be used by default. Instead it should be made an option at configure time so that people like you can play with it but the rest of the team can continue their work.

Sven

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2006-11-29 17:50:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:59 +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

Until this is fixed, autoindex-ng shouldn't be used by default. Instead it should be made an option at configure time so that people like you can play with it but the rest of the team can continue their work.

Sven

I see. Is it ok to apply the attached patch then? -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: patch.diff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 896 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20061129/42a72c4e/attachment.obj

Roman Joost
2006-11-29 18:08:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi Nickolay,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 07:50:38PM +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

I see. Is it ok to apply the attached patch then?

Can you checkin your patch
for yourself? I'm just curious :)

Greetings,

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2006-11-29 18:32:19 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

Hi Nickolay,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 07:50:38PM +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

I see. Is it ok to apply the attached patch then?

Greetings,

I'm just pasting to let you know :) Patch is committed, sorry for troubles.

I'll try to look at xsltproc issue if there will be more time. Hopefully with new libxslt we'll be able to move to autoidx-ng.

Roman Joost
2006-11-30 08:50:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

autoindex-ng

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:32:19PM +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

Greetings,

I'm just pasting to let you know :) Patch is committed, sorry for troubles.

I'll try to look at xsltproc issue if there will be more time. Hopefully with new libxslt we'll be able to move to autoidx-ng.

Thanks a bunch!

Greetings,