RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

start contributing not easy for a beginner

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

14287296.508391162768388979... 07 Oct 20:29
  start contributing not easy for a beginner Roman Joost 05 Nov 23:57
Roman Joost
2006-11-05 23:57:04 UTC (over 17 years ago)

start contributing not easy for a beginner

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 12:13:08AM +0100, Pierre PERRIER wrote:

Re-reading your e-mails I understand where is the failure ! and I am sorry. Actually only two e-mails were sent from you to me. The other one were sent to another person ( to "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" with a PGP key and to ??? for the previous ones ; I unfortunatly delete them ; they didn't have a Key but only an attached text file with web adress about it I wrote you previously). For someone who is out of your processes it's quite unusual to receive a mail for which you are not recipient ; now I know it is right when we are in.

You do realise that you're subscribed to a mailing list, do you? You will receive a lot more mails which are not sent to you directly. You might want to read the wikipedia page about a mailing list if you're not familiar with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mailing_list

I am learning very slowly, step by step all these hidden traps within your (necessary) procedures. Now I am in touch with a French-speaking man in the doc-team and so it is easier for me to have relevant explanations about working procedures. What is missing is a relevant "paper" or "road map" to guide clearly the new arriving people from subscribing until into working procedure to facilitate the beginner.

Okey - there is the project page, which describes it very shortly how to contribute. And we have the WIKI page which should describe how to start much more verbose:

http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpDocs

It'll be great, if you could check our wiki, the docs we collected to start contributing and improve it with your knowledge. I guess there are still missing gaps which don't help people to drop by. If you're not familiar with the WIKI syntax, write a small tutorial down on a text file and sent it to the mailing list.

I proposed my contribution because it is my way to support freeware concept in area where I think I can be useful. Today I am still interested in contributing to french doc for gimp and so I stay in list... but... all patience is limited. Thank you for your attention and if it is necessary I will remember your adress for further needs.

Great. I think you're already in touch with Julien about any further procedures?

Greetings,