RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

concepts/setup.xml question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

concepts/setup.xml question Sally C. Barry 28 Sep 19:15
  concepts/setup.xml question Axel Wernicke 28 Sep 22:24
concepts/setup.xml question William Skaggs 29 Sep 08:33
Sally C. Barry
2006-09-28 19:15:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi All -

I'm looking at the concepts chapter on running Gimp for the first time. There is a comment near the end of the file which says:

It was not in version 1.1 of the file in cvs, but appeared in version 1.2.

I just ran Gimp for the first time on a unix system I'm trying to set up, and I didn't see any screen for setting the resolution of the monitor. Does anyone else see it? Is the comment incorrect, or does it apply to Gimp 2.3.x or something?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

Sally

Axel Wernicke
2006-09-28 22:24:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

Hi Sally,

Am 29.09.2006 um 04:20 schrieb Sally C. Barry:

Hi All -

I'm looking at the concepts chapter on running Gimp for the first time. There is a comment near the end of the file which says:

It was not in version 1.1 of the file in cvs, but appeared in version 1.2.

dunno how it got there, but I tried the setup procedure on 2.2.11 and no such screen showed up (on OS X). With the upcoming 2.4 the whole setup procedure will stop to exist I think, so this shouldn't be a reference to the future either...

... I'd just remove the comment.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Just one additional remark: it seems you and dust are booth working in the concepts section. To day I got a patch (around 50k) that changes almost each concept file. May be you booth should talk to each other to make life not harder than necessary.

Greetings, lexA

Thanks!

Sally

William Skaggs
2006-09-29 08:33:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Sally Berry wrote:

I just ran Gimp for the first time on a unix system I'm trying to set up, and I didn't see any screen for setting the resolution of the monitor. Does anyone else see it? Is the comment incorrect, or does it apply to Gimp 2.3.x or something?

I suggest not to spend any time on this section. The whole first-time-startup process has been made completely changed in GIMP 2.3, to be much simpler. Anyway, the answer is that the monitor calibration step was present in GIMP 2.0, but was moved into Preferences for GIMP 2.2.

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu