RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Which English?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Which English? Sally C. Barry 30 Jul 22:12
  Which English? julien 31 Jul 12:14
Which English? William Skaggs 31 Jul 08:44
Sally C. Barry
2006-07-30 22:12:36 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Which English?

Hello All,

As I'm working on some of the English text right now, I thought I'd ask which flavor of English to use. Should we standardize on American or British or doesn't it matter? I prefer American, but I'd like to get some input.

Thank you.

Sally in Massachusetts

William Skaggs
2006-07-31 08:44:28 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Which English?

As I'm working on some of the English text right now, I thought I'd ask which flavor of English to use. Should we standardize on American or British or doesn't it matter? I prefer American, but I'd like to get some input.

It's all American right now (modulo screwups), so consistency would favor keeping it so.

-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu

julien
2006-07-31 12:14:08 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Which English?

No matter for non native english translators. As a non native english writer, I prefer the american flavor: shorter and often closer to the latin origin.

Julien

Sally C. Barry a ?crit :

Hello All,

Thank you.

Sally in Massachusetts