RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New in the list

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New in the list jgcabanero@ya.com 16 May 23:44
  New in the list n3storm 17 May 00:39
New in the list jgcabanero@ya.com 17 May 01:02
jgcabanero@ya.com
2006-05-16 23:44:38 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

New in the list

Hi list,

My name is Jorge Garcia and I'm from Spain.

I've worked as a System Information Manager with linux based systems in a medium sized company until some months ago. As an amateur photographer too, The Gimp is a very interesting tool for me.

So now I have had some changes at work and there is some time to spent in things as colaborating in free software.

My english skills are mixed. I'm fluent in direct translations, so my primary goal here could be the spanish documentation for the program. As you can see my plain english is not so good. If there is another way to colaborate in basic documentation, as incorporating filter's documents to the help system, I'm interested too.

After reading TipsForContributing, I'm working setting up my local copy of the documentation. For now I've no access to a Linux box so, is there any way to work with a http interface?

Best Regards

Jorge Garcia

n3storm
2006-05-17 00:39:04 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

New in the list

Hi
I also started the Spanish translation and then stopped due to the amount of time and effort it takes setting up the system. Is hard to work without being able to see how things are going on. I am a teacher and designer, I try to avoid messing the system, and that is a reason why linux newbies feel confident with me, because I just don't sit down and open a terminal.
And sorry Jorge, I asked for a web interface too, but it doesn't exist. Greetings

El Mi?rcoles, 17 de Mayo de 2006 08:43, jgcabanero@ya.com escribi?:

Hi list,

I've worked as a System Information Manager with linux based systems in a medium sized company until some months ago. As an amateur photographer too, The Gimp is a very interesting tool for me.

So now I have had some changes at work and there is some time to spent in things as colaborating in free software.

My english skills are mixed. I'm fluent in direct translations, so my primary goal here could be the spanish documentation for the program. As you can see my plain english is not so good. If there is another way to colaborate in basic documentation, as incorporating filter's documents to the help system, I'm interested too.

After reading TipsForContributing, I'm working setting up my local copy of the documentation. For now I've no access to a Linux box so, is there any way to work with a http interface?

Best Regards

Jorge Garcia

_______________________________________________ Gimp-docs mailing list
Gimp-docs@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs

jgcabanero@ya.com
2006-05-17 01:02:58 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

New in the list

Perhaps we can colaborate coordinating the pages to translate. If you have trouble setting up a standalone copy of the cvs, I can send you some pages and revert them to my local copy when translated, comminting all together my own work.

What do you think?

Jorge

Hi
I also started the Spanish translation and then stopped due

to the amount of

time and effort it takes setting up the system. Is hard to work without being able to see how things are

going on.

I am a teacher and designer, I try to avoid messing the

system, and that is a

reason why linux newbies feel confident with me, because I

just don't sit

down and open a terminal.
And sorry Jorge, I asked for a web interface too, but it

doesn't exist.

Greetings
El Miércoles, 17 de Mayo de 2006 08:43,

href="javascript:sendMsg('jgcabanero@ya.com');">jgcabanero@ya.com escribió:

Hi list,

Best Regards

Jorge Garcia

_______________________________________________ Gimp-docs mailing list

href="javascript:sendMsg('Gimp-docs@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU');">Gimp-docs@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs