RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

say hello and spanish translation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

say hello and spanish translation n3storm 13 Apr 02:52
  say hello and spanish translation Roman Joost 13 Apr 04:47
   say hello and spanish translation n3storm 13 Apr 10:49
    say hello and spanish translation Roman Joost 13 Apr 12:07
n3storm
2006-04-13 02:52:54 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi everyone:
My name is n3storm and I work as a graphic designer. My workstation is a kubuntu machine with Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus and Blender. I work on corporate image and so, but sometimes I teach Linux and Photoretouch with Gimp at several places.
I'm also involved at my local LUG and help people starting with the Gimp and Linux.

I would like to start the Spanish translation of the Gimp Manual. I have a degree of English Teacher, so my level of English is pretty good. Once de Manual is started I will help on finishing the English one too.

How may I start? Many thanks.

N?stor D?az
-----------
Dise?o, Sistemas y Cliente
www.equusdigital.com
Modulo 2.17, Edificio CEEI
Parque Tecnol?gico de Castilla y Le?n 47151 Boecillo
Valladolid

Roman Joost
2006-04-13 04:47:01 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi N?stor,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:52:24AM +0200, n3storm wrote:

Hi everyone:
[...] introduction

I would like to start the Spanish translation of the Gimp Manual. I have a degree of English Teacher, so my level of English is pretty good. Once de Manual is started I will help on finishing the English one too.

How may I start?

You may want to check our wiki page for getting started:

http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/TipsForContributing

Thanks for joining!

n3storm
2006-04-13 10:49:33 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

El Jueves, 13 de Abril de 2006 13:46, Roman Joost escribi?:

Hi N?stor,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:52:24AM +0200, n3storm wrote:

Hi everyone:
[...] introduction

How may I start?

I printed and read it. I'm willing to start!

don't know why documentors and translators should know anything about CVS, XML or DocBook tags, our job is write down stuff, master graphic tools and image concepts, that's enough for us. That's why developers exist: to make things easier to everyone to users not to programs, thank you all!, and that's what GUIs and Interfaces are all about. Have you checked any online web system to make translation and documentation easier?

Ok, let's get into this ;)

Thanks for joining!

Thanks for answering.

Roman Joost
2006-04-13 12:07:18 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 07:48:56PM +0200, n3storm wrote:

El Jueves, 13 de Abril de 2006 13:46, Roman Joost escribi?:

I printed and read it. I'm willing to start!

don't know why documentors and translators should know anything about CVS, XML or DocBook tags, our job is write down stuff, master graphic tools and image concepts, that's enough for us. That's why developers exist: to make things easier to everyone to users not to programs, thank you all!, and that's what GUIs and Interfaces are all about. Have you checked any online web system to make translation and documentation easier?

We already have and there is currently nothing suitable which would make contributing easier. All of us do this in spare time, so I think the rant is a bit misplaced here. If we would have plenty of time we probably would already have changed the problem of not having a nice GUI, trust me.

Though, anyone is very welcome to:
1. point us to an existing system which would make the life of the contributors easier
2. fulfill our needs (in short:
- possibility to create HTML and printable documents - supports our distributed way of writing documentation, instead of translating one base document in a given language - is free software
- makes it easy for contributors to fix small errors )

Ok, let's get into this ;)

You're very welcome!

Greetings,