RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Images resolution

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Images resolution Roman Joost 28 Dec 14:58
  Images resolution Axel Wernicke 28 Dec 23:26
   Images resolution Hans de Jonge 29 Dec 01:01
Images resolution Axel Wernicke 29 Dec 01:21
Roman Joost
2005-12-28 14:58:47 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Images resolution

Hi,

just a quick note about how to handle the resolution of the screenshots we're doing.

Axel converted all to a resolution of 144dpi, which fixes most of the weird LaTeX/PDF conversion bugs. I'm just not sure, if we convert the images to 144dpi from time to time (and update 72dpi images) or force people to convert them by themself before checkin?

Probably the first method would be the best for everyone ...

Greetings,

Axel Wernicke
2005-12-28 23:26:19 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Images resolution

Hi,

Am 28.12.2005 um 23:57 schrieb Roman Joost:

Hi,

just a quick note about how to handle the resolution of the screenshots
we're doing.

Axel converted all to a resolution of 144dpi, which fixes most of the weird LaTeX/PDF conversion bugs. I'm just not sure, if we convert the images to 144dpi from time to time (and update 72dpi images) or force people to convert them by themself before checkin?

since most but not all of the images are in need to be set to 144dpi print resolution, it might be useful if people do set the appropriate number when creating the images. The print resolution is not affected by image manipulation or cvs commands at all. When doing a release from gimp-docs we should create the pdf versions anyway and that would be the right moment to have a critical look to the size of the images in there as well.

just my 2c

Greetings, lexA

Probably the first method would be the best for everyone ...

Greetings,

Hans de Jonge
2005-12-29 01:01:37 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Images resolution

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Axel Wernicke wrote:

Hi,

Am 28.12.2005 um 23:57 schrieb Roman Joost:

Hi,

just a quick note about how to handle the resolution of the screenshots we're doing.

since most but not all of the images are in need to be set to 144dpi print resolution, it might be useful if people do set the appropriate number when creating the images. The print resolution is not affected by image manipulation or cvs commands at all. When doing a release from gimp-docs we should create the pdf versions anyway and that would be the right moment to have a critical look to the size of the images in there as well.

I would like to conform to this, but I cannot find an option for setting the resolution in xwd (IMHO It is always safer to start with a picture with as many appropiate parameters as possible). Any sugestions for an alternative; anther program or an easy function in GIMP to achieve this?

Axel Wernicke
2005-12-29 01:21:00 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Images resolution

--- Urspr?ngliche Nachricht ---
Von: Hans de Jonge
An: gimp-docs@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Betreff: Re: [Gimp-docs] Images resolution Datum: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:01:13 +0100 (CET)

I would like to conform to this, but I cannot find an option for setting the
resolution in xwd (IMHO It is always safer to start with a picture with as many
appropiate parameters as possible). Any sugestions for an alternative; anther program or an easy function in GIMP
to achieve this?

sure you can do this with gimp. There is a command "print resolution" in the image menu which does it for you. To do it in batch with dozens of images I used image magick.

Greetings, lexA