RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ChangeLog entries

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

ChangeLog entries Raphaël Quinet 16 Dec 09:02
  ChangeLog entries Axel Wernicke 16 Dec 09:17
Raphaël Quinet
2005-12-16 09:02:26 UTC (over 18 years ago)

ChangeLog entries

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that Sven took the time to fix the gimp-help-2 ChangeLog and convert many incorrectly formatted entries to the standard format. But soon after that, I saw that Axel added a new entry that was again not formatted correctly.

In order to have a clean ChangeLog, I would like to recommend that everybody uses the standard format as much as possible. This means: - All lines that are indented start with exactly one tab. No spaces! - All entries are in UTF-8 (not iso-8859-1 or any other encoding)

The format of each entry looks like this: - The first line of an entry always starts with the date in the standard format YYYY-MM-DD, followed by two spaces, your name, two spaces and then your e-mail address. - There is one empty line (not more, not less) between the first line and the list of affected files.
- Each file is listed as follows: one tab (again, no spaces!), one star (*), one space, then the name of the file. The description of the changes can follow. If that description takes more than one line, then it can be broken into multiple lines, each one starting with one tab.
- There is one empty line (not more, not less) between the last line of the list of affected files and the next ChangeLog entry. Some editors can create ChangeLog entries automatically so that you do not have to worry about the formatting. One example is Emacs, but there are probably other tools that can do it as well.

Some XML files contain a small history section as a comment. Using and updating this comment is optional. But if you add an entry there, please try to use the standard date format YYYY-MM-DD. Do not use only two digits for the year and do not use "/" as a separator. For more information about this standard date format, see: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

-Rapha?l

Axel Wernicke
2005-12-16 09:17:06 UTC (over 18 years ago)

ChangeLog entries

Am 16.12.2005 um 18:02 schrieb Rapha?l Quinet:

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that Sven took the time to fix the gimp-help-2 ChangeLog and convert many incorrectly formatted entries to the standard format. But soon after that, I saw that Axel added a new entry that was again not formatted correctly.

sorry for that - I didn't get that it was switched from spaces to tabs. Tabs are fine for me, its just that we are doing it right the other way around (no tabs, spaces only) in all the xml files.

In order to have a clean ChangeLog, I would like to recommend that everybody uses the standard format as much as possible. This means: - All lines that are indented start with exactly one tab. No spaces! - All entries are in UTF-8 (not iso-8859-1 or any other encoding)

[x] agreed

Some XML files contain a small history section as a comment. Using and updating this comment is optional. But if you add an entry there, please try to use the standard date format YYYY-MM-DD. Do not use only two digits for the year and do not use "/" as a separator. For more information about this standard date format, see: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

[x] agreed, except that doing comments should not be optional except for really minor changes.

Greetings, lexA

-Rapha?l