RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 14 working Window$ XP environment?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 14 working Window$ XP environment? Michael Hölzen 25 Nov 05:07
Michael Hölzen
2005-11-25 05:07:03 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 14 working Window$ XP environment?

On 11/23/05, Roman Joost wrote:

Hi Michael,
This looks very much like a non existing or broken XML catalog. The processor looks up the installed stylesheets on your harddisk by using the mapping in the catalog.

A catalog can look like this:

<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML Catalogs V1.0//EN" "file:///usr/share/xml/schema/xml-core/catalog.dtd" >
catalog="file:///etc/xml/scrollkeeper.xml"/ > >
>
catalog="file:///etc/xml/docbook-xml.xml"/ >

This one delegates to other catalog files in the system to lookup the stylesheets. I can't explain every detail here, because this will probably fill a chapter in a book.

Unfortunately, I don't know how a correct XML catalog will look like on a MS Windows system. Maybe some others can help here?

Greetings,

Roman Joost

Sorry my email program has been broken, so i can not refer in the used way to Your response.

i had created a catalog.xml and i've set the environment variable XML_CATALOG_FILES=c:\msys\1.0\etc\catalog.xml i had made uri statements for each (while autogen) missing xsl file... but without the "--with-xsl" statement it doesn't work.

so i run: $ ./autogen.sh --without-gimp --with-xsl=c:/msys/1.0/usr/share/xml/docbook-xsl-1.69.1

i get the error: configure: error: ** Couldn't find docbook.xsl in c:/msys/1.0/usr/share/xml/docbook-xsl-1.69.1/xhtml Configure failed or did not finish!

so i've changed "c:/msys..." to "/c/msys..." and everything has been fine until make...:

$ make -- Building HTML for de
warning: failed to load external entity "/c/msys/1.0/usr/share/xml/docbook-xsl-1.69.1/xhtml/profile-chunk.xsl" compilation error: file ../../stylesheets/plainhtml.xsl line 7 element import xsl:import : unable to load /c/msys/1.0/usr/share/xml/docbook-xsl-1.69.1/xhtml/profile-chunk.xsl make: *** [stamps/html.de.stamp] Error 5

the reason is line 7 in the generated plainhtml.xsl (which was right for autogen):

so in plainhtml.xsl i' ve changed back "/c/msys..." to "c:/msys..."

...and next try with autogen and make.

$ make *** Creating directories ***
-- Profiling XML for de
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/profiling/profile.xsl warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/profiling/profile.xsl" compilation error: file ../stylesheets/profile.xsl line 5 element import xsl:import : unable to load http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/profiling/profile.xsl -- Validating XML for de number of errors: 0 *** Validating profiled XML ***
Log files of the validation process have been generated in the xml directory. Please correct any errors before writing new content. *** Copying images ***
*** Copying stylesheets ***
-- Building HTML for de
../../xml/de.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty ^
../../xml/de.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '

and here i get stuck. which profile.xsl shall i refer to in this profile.xls? to itself???

cheers

Michael