RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gegl web site

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

11 of 11 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gegl web site Todd Relyea 04 Jan 16:17
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 07 Jan 15:51
Gegl web site Florent Monnier 07 Jan 21:41
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 08 Jan 15:44
Gegl web site Florent Monnier 09 Jan 13:12
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 09 Jan 14:10
Gegl web site Florent Monnier 09 Jan 17:16
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 09 Jan 18:42
Gegl web site Todd Relyea 13 Jan 13:51
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 18 Jan 01:24
Gegl web site Sven Neumann 18 Jan 01:35
Todd Relyea
2006-01-04 16:17:42 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Is someone responsible for keeping the gegl web site up to date? I've noticed some out of date and broken links on the main page.

If not, I'd be more than willing to lend a hand...

Todd Relyea

Sven Neumann
2006-01-07 15:51:33 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

Todd Relyea writes:

Is someone responsible for keeping the gegl web site up to date? I've noticed some out of date and broken links on the main page.

The site is in GNOME CVS as module gegl-web. Please contribute patches by sending them here or file bug-reports and attach them there. We will then make sure that the changes are applied. After a while we might give you CVS write access.

If you have problems building the site from CVS, feel free to ask here.

Sven

Florent Monnier
2006-01-07 21:41:59 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

The Gegl web-site seems to have changed http://www.gegl.org
Where is the doc now?

Sven Neumann
2006-01-08 15:44:50 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

Florent Monnier writes:

The Gegl web-site seems to have changed http://www.gegl.org Where is the doc now?

What doc are you refering to? What information are you missing?

Sven

Florent Monnier
2006-01-09 13:12:20 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

The Gegl web-site seems to have changed http://www.gegl.org Where is the doc now?

What doc are you refering to?

The Gegl reference
which is still in Google's cache:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.gegl.org/reference/gegl/html/

Did you removed it to make like for the lib MagickCore of IM "to discourage users from using the MagickCore API and to use the MagickWand API instead." In the same state of mind, are people encouraged to work on Gimp 2.3 rather than on Gegl before Gimp 2.4 is released? So the doc have been removed just like pieces of the doc of the MagickCore disappear? (Which is a pain when one want to add functionnalities to apps using the MCore, because the MWand was not released when the app started to use the lib of IM.)

What information are you missing?

Simple sample code that I could compile, which I could use as starting point, to first understand how to use Gegl.

I imagine Gegl works in a way (close or not) like the Magicks APIs. Am I wrong or not?

Sven Neumann
2006-01-09 14:10:40 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

Florent Monnier writes:

What doc are you refering to?

The Gegl reference
which is still in Google's cache:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.gegl.org/reference/gegl/html/

The API reference can be generated from the source code and is thus still available in CVS. It doesn't really make much sense to have it online since it is incomplete and the API is subject to changes. gegl isn't usable at the moment and I don't see much point in publishing an unusable API.

The new website needs a lot more work and of course at some point the API docs will be added back,

What information are you missing?

Simple sample code that I could compile, which I could use as starting point, to first understand how to use Gegl.

You cannot use gegl yet. If you want to get an idea on how it is supposed to work, you could have a look at gggl.

Sven

Florent Monnier
2006-01-09 17:16:41 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

The API reference can be generated from the source code and is thus still available in CVS.

What is the command to generate it?

You cannot use gegl yet. If you want to get an idea on how it is supposed to work, you could have a look at gggl.

I've installed gggl yet, but compiling the exemples given don't work.

Sven Neumann
2006-01-09 18:42:37 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

Florent Monnier writes:

The API reference can be generated from the source code and is thus still available in CVS.

What is the command to generate it?

Just as in glib, gtk+, gimp and probably most other modules in gnome CVS. If a recent enough version of gtk-doc is detected when configure is run with the --enable-gtk-doc option, the docs are built as part of the standard make process.

Sven

Todd Relyea
2006-01-13 13:51:24 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

On Saturday 07 January 2006 09:51 am, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Todd Relyea writes:

The site is in GNOME CVS as module gegl-web. Please contribute patches by sending them here or file bug-reports and attach them there. We will then make sure that the changes are applied. After a while we might give you CVS write access.

If you have problems building the site from CVS, feel free to ask here.

Sven

Okay, I downloaded and looked over the existing code for the site...never seen a web site that is updated via CVS.

By any chance are server side includes enabled on the apache server running the site? If so, there are some optimizations that can be made to make to site much easier to maintain. For example, normally I create separate files for things like the header, navigation and footer, and then load them with a server side include. That way when any of those items needs to be updated, you only have to change the one file, and not every page that uses it.

Todd

Sven Neumann
2006-01-18 01:24:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

Todd Relyea writes:

Okay, I downloaded and looked over the existing code for the site...never seen a web site that is updated via CVS.

Using a revision control system has lots of advantages.

By any chance are server side includes enabled on the apache server running the site? If so, there are some optimizations that can be made to make to site much easier to maintain. For example, normally I create separate files for things like the header, navigation and footer, and then load them with a server side include. That way when any of those items needs to be updated, you only have to change the one file, and not every page that uses it.

The header, footer and layout are in separate files. Are you sure you understood how the HTML pages are generated from the XML sources?

Sven

Sven Neumann
2006-01-18 01:35:21 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Gegl web site

Hi,

I've just added a short README to the gegl-web module. It is basically a copy of the README as found in gimp-web-devel but since both sites use the same Docbook XML setup, the information should help you to understand how things work. If there are any inaccuracies or if there's information missing, please let me know.

Sven